Top rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Yellow Fang said:
I was going to see if Mark Kermode had reviewed Toy Story 3, but instead I listened to the Sex and the City 2 review :smile: (lasts about 10 mins)

Kermode and Mayo made for some great radio, and Kermode's rant about this film was one of his best yet! His comment that everyone who went to see Sex in the City 1 should hang their heads in shame cos it just encouraged them to make another one was genius. And true. It does sound like a really, shockingly, woefully, sh*t for brains, piss poor film.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Glow worm said:
Kermode and Mayo made for some great radio, and Kermode's rant about this film was one of his best yet! His comment that everyone who went to see Sex in the City 1 should hang their heads in shame cos it just encouraged them to make another one was genius. And true. It does sound like a really, shockingly, woefully, sh*t for brains, piss poor film.

I agree about Kermode and Mayo being great radio. I suspect most women viewers know it's going to be a film with very little merit, but it doesn't put them off. I knew Kermode would evicerate it, although sometimes he surprises you. I used to like Sex and the City when it was on the telly. I'm not sure I should admit to that.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Yellow Fang said:
I used to like Sex and the City when it was on the telly. I'm not sure I should admit to that.

You won't get critcism from me - I haven't got a leg to stand on as I like the crap but captivating 'Coach Trip' series! If you haven't seen it, think reality TV.... but on a coach. It's like one of Alan Partridge's worst ideas for a show come true.

ChrisKH

Guru
What worries me, is there are actually women who think S & T C 1 was a 'fabulous' film (not that I've seen it), my boss being one of them. I watched some of the TV series I have to admit.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
That is fantastic! Fantastic. I always like Mark Kermode but now I think he is a god. I immediately went back and played it again it's that good.

Top Bottom