Top Speed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ricd11

Hi all,

Just wondering what speeds people have done on their bike.

Cycled up Caerphilly mountain recently and on the way down I fancied seeing how fast I could go - managed 46.6mph according to the speedo. Thats on a tourer with a rack fitted aswell, but my eyes were about to explode (wearing specs not shades), I'm guessing road bikes would go even faster - think that was on the verge of becoming uncomfortable for me as there were a few bends and slower cars!

Good fun though :evil:

Rich (I'm a noobie btw)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
48.4mph on the way back from the Brighton FNRttC.. coming down Devils Dyke.. would have gone faster but had another cyclist just in front of me.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
35.8 mph.

26 inch wheeled hybrid down a 60mph dual carriageway. Could have gone slightly faster had I not been so cautious around busy traffic.

ASC1951

Guru
88 kph coming down Ventoux.

Over 80 kph lots of times, including the descent from Fleet Moss to Hawes. The fastest I have done on the fixed is 50 kph - my little legs won't go round any faster than that.

madguern

according to my GPS 547mph ! I think there may have been a bug in the software or I got a tow from a jet :-) IN reality 49 mph downhill and 31 mph on the flat.

Cheers

Rob

GrasB

Veteran
Logs say 51.7mph... more would have come had I not been wearing civvies! At that kinda speed the sightly baggy material pulls you all over the place :laugh:

Top Bottom