Top ten placing isnt that bad all things considered?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:ohmy:

Wow

I think cycling types say chapeau at times like these

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I've moved up to 33rd

huwsparky

Über Member
Fair play, that's some cycling achievement.

Reading the title I thought it was going to be someone blowing smoke up his own arse with a strava KOM with a 50mph tailwind, or something along them lines!

Congratulations, @AlanW

Not being a Strava user, I'm a bit confused as to how you can have the 9th highest total though - is this 9th of all Strava users in the world, since Strava started? And do they give out a ranking certificate at the end of each calendar year?

I would have thought the top few hundred would all be pro road cyclists and extreme endurance race riders, but maybe they don't all use Strava, or haven't been using it for as long due to being younger?

Not meaning to take away from your achievement at all, just curious as to how this works, as you mention the names above you on the list but I can't see who they are.

Regardless, it's an amazing amount of miles to clock up, and more than I'll probably manage in my lifetime.

Last edited:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Well considering the names of those above me, I'm pretty pleased with where I am in the overall ranking!
Cannot compete with that well done.
But for an OAP i got this.
strava acheivments.PNG

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
Congratulations, @AlanW

Not being a Strava user, I'm a bit confused as to how you can have the 9th highest total though - is this 9th of all Strava users in the world, since Strava started? And do they give out a ranking certificate at the end of each calendar year?

I would have thought the top few hundred would all be pro road cyclists and extreme endurance race riders, but maybe they don't all use Strava, or haven't been using it for as long due to being younger?

Its 9th of all Strava users worldwide, or 40,719 riders that utilise Strava to record their rides. I have data on there is way before Strava started as I used to save my .gpx files and when Strava came along I simply downloaded them to the site. Its not a yearly thing you can check your position at anytime via the Strava Toolbox link

distance_zpsgoua20c0.jpg

Last edited:
Its 9th of all Strava users worldwide, or 40,719 riders that utilise Strava to record their rides. I have data on there is way before Strava started as I used to save my .gpx files and when Strava came along I simply downloaded them to the site. Its not a yearly thing you can check your position at anytime via the Strava Toolbox link

View attachment 389789
Hate to be a downer, but strava has millions of users and at least a million active ones.

You are 9th of the athletes that have used the Toolbox For Strava.

Top Bottom