Topeak MTX bike rack security

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nchesh

Hi

I have the Topeak mtx bike rack which is a brilliant device, however if i go out with the bike rack and leave it on the bike, although I will have secured by bike the rack is easily removeable. Is there a way of securing this rack to the bike?

Neil

vickster

Legendary Member
They are bolted to the rack? Or do you mean the beam rack? Maybe you could attach to the frame with a cable or remove it and D lock to the frame (if you're leaving the bike in a high risk area/for any length of time (not sure if there's a gap on the rack to do this?)
Although frankly nothing on a bike is theft proof ultimately, with that you are looking for something to deter the opportunist who doesn't have tools

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nchesh

They are bolted to the rack? Or do you mean the beam rack? Maybe you could attach to the frame with a cable or remove it and D lock to the frame (if you're leaving the bike in a high risk area/for any length of time (not sure if there's a gap on the rack to do this?)
Although frankly nothing on a bike is theft proof ultimately, with that you are looking for something to deter the opportunist who doesn't have tools
Hi they are a quick release system but sometimes I want to leave it on the bike, so just thought there might be an easy way to secure it to the bike on these occasions, so I'm guessing a short piece of steel cable with a padlock is the best I can do.

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi they are a quick release system but sometimes I want to leave it on the bike, so just thought there might be an easy way to secure it to the bike on these occasions, so I'm guessing a short piece of steel cable with a padlock is the best I can do.
Probably yes, just get a good cable. You can get ones to go with D Locks, long enough you can secure rack and your front wheel

Top Bottom