Topeak pumps.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
Probably neeed to replace my pump. Views on the Topeak Road / Mountain Morph please; as good as they're cracked up to be / any particular drawbacks / longetivity / does it have a smarthead yet etc., etc..- ?
Thanks. ^_^

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I borrowed a Road Morph on a group ride once and went out and bought one for meself.

I already had a Lezyne pressure drive which, whilst quite good for a mini pump, doesn't compare to the road morph.

The Road Morph is a mini track pump so gets tyres hard quick. Plus plenty of spares available to rebuild if required.

Downsides: it's a bit clunky if you like travelling light and the plastic handle and floor base don't look like they will agree to unsympathetic use.

MntnMan62

Über Member
Not sure about their pumps but I love my Topeak Multi-Tool. I love my Blackburn Air-Stik CF. Carbon Fiber so it's light and it's come in handy on several occassions. Looking at some reviews it isn't all that highly rated. But I've had mine for years and it's worked every time I've needed it. I will admit that I can't always get my road tires pumped up to the same pressure that I normally ride which is around 100 psi. But it pumps them up enough to get me home.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
The Road Morph works very well, but it's not very small, so is best clipped to the bike frame rather than carried in a bag.
The basic rule of pumps is that the bigger they are, the better they work (hence track pumps).
The chuck has the normal movable innards to switch between presta and schraeder. Repute would have it that the fold down foot plate can break off with clumsy use - they are available as spares (£3.50 atm).

The mount that comes with it is a centreline mount, so it uses up a set of bottle cage bosses, and if you've got a small frame or the top tube is at a steeper angle, there may not be enough length along the seat tube for the pump, so you'd have to use the down tube bottle mounts.

What you need to resolve this issue is one of these, which fits between the bosses and the bottle cage, holding the pump a bit to the side.
https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/pumps/topeak-mounting-bracket-for-peak-dx/

If you use large tyres (around 2") the mountain morph may be better.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have a Mini Morph and I find it excellent. It has a 'T' handle, a little foot that folds out and a flexible hose, so it is like a mini trackpump. It gets up to a decent pressure without too much fuss and fits easily into the back pocket of your jersey
1608381432809.png

OP
OP
simongt

simongt

Guru
Thanks all for your observations ref. the Morph pump. My current pump; a Specialized 'so old I can't remember the model' one has been cleaned, checked for efficiency, greased as required and is to be good to go. Considering it's been sitting clipped to my seat tube for the last three years without any attention apart from the couple of times when I've needed to use it, not bad eh - ? ^_^
But, when it does finally expire, I'll be getting a Road Morph. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom