Topeak Road Morph pump-any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I have the Road Morph G and I love it and there are a lot of people here --> http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=32431 saying they like the Road Morph.

I like it coz it has a little fold down stand and the handle swivels so you can get hold of it properly, it is like a little track pump.

There is a review of it here --> http://www.bikemagic.com/news/article/mps/uan/995

andrew_s

Legendary Member
It pumps very well.

It's not all that compact for putting inside bags.
The frame mount is a velcro-on thing (iirc). Apparently there's a Blackburn bracket that you can use to attach it to the side of the bottle cage.
It's probably not robust enough for routine home use in place of a proper track pump.
You can get your knuckle bashing against the top of the pump if you don't hold the T-handle right.

Tynan

Veteran
got one and like it because it's small and easy to use

gets me up to about 60/70psi before I get bored

have found that the rubber bit inside cuts up over time though, which really pissed me off at first before I realised how to fix it, take it out and reshape it basically

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The good:
Reliably pumps to 120psi without too much effort
Valve connection on flexible hose to avoid stressing the valve
Pumps Presta and Schrader (swap the valve innards round)
Gauge on the G Version (mine at least) accurate

The Bad:
Bracket mounts pump to top of bottle cage, not side, so effectively you give up a set of cage mounts by using this option.
A pricey option at £30 rrp in the UK

Tynan - didn't you buy the Mini-morph?

RufusA

Über Member
A good little pump, but never got to use mine in anger as some tea-leaf stole it within a week of purchase. Just too easy / visible / attractive to unvelcro and whisk away when mounted on your bike, and a little to bulky to want to tuck in to a pocket or throw in a pack.

Note to self - remove *EVERYTHING* from your bike that's not firmly bolted on, even if just stopping for a few minutes!

Rufus.

I have a similar one, I looked at the Morph but the Truflo Evolution was going for half the price, (got mine from ebay as Chain reaction added £5 to the price a few months ago it was £12)

Very similar, can just about get it in my rack bag. Easy to pump up to high p.s.i mountain or road tubes.

Randochap said:
Interesting. Seems like Topeak's design is catching on as people realize it's much easier to push against the ground than hold a pump in mid-air and lever against one's own arm.
It's not hard to replicate that effect by using a conventional pump and bracing the end against the log or bollard that you've leant your wheel on.

Mind you, I do love my Mini-Morph. Brilliant pump. Even if I only discovered that it also pumped Schrader valves after reading John's post on this thread...:sad:

Got two - first one getting a bit ropey after 7 or 8 years use so bought another - been using them since they first appeared - pressure gauge seems to work and they blow up tyres with relatively little effort what else do you want - apart from a better way of fixing them to the bike - does not matter to me as I bought them for touring and it just gets attached to a pannier

Top Bottom