Topeak survival gearbox - frame braket?

SonofSid

Was given this ages ago before got interested in riding. It seems that it would have come with a bracket/clamp to mount it on the frame but God/diety of your choice knows where that is now. Any ideas where I might get one? 10 min on google hasn't thrown anything up...
Cheers

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Get your LBS to contact these guys -> http://www.extrauk.co.uk/ they are the disributors, there are 2 parts the bracket and a velcro belt to hold it onto the clamp.

Or you could just put the tool kit in a saddle bag it would probably be easier.

Here is a picture of the bracket and velcro strap underneath the toolbox ->
1250088671115-13w529j6cvx8a-399-75.jpg

Tynan

Veteran
oof, what does it weigh?

what on earth is in there there that isnt on a multitool?

where would you be riding and for how far to justify carrying one of those

OP
S

SonofSid

220 grams. As a newbie I was pretty impressed when I found it in the drawer I have to say. Take your point about a multitool though. Doing LEJOG, so the chain tool, puncture stuff, tyre levers, etc all in the same tiny box may well be handy. It's a miracle of packaging and all the bits just feel well made...

oof, what does it weigh?

what on earth is in there there that isnt on a multitool?

where would you be riding and for how far to justify carrying one of those

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
The tools are metal but the tyre levers are plastic and too short for my liking so I carry a seperate pair, the chain tool uses one of the allen keys to operate it so there is no need for a seperate handle thereby saving space/weight.

I prefer this to a multitool and the tools are actually usable unlike some toolkits I have used it when I service the bike.

I can fit this toolkit, 2 x innertubes, patches, cycle coil lock, 2 x large tyre levers, roll of PVC tape, latex gloves, tie wraps, wire cutters and spare gear/brake cable in one of these ->

Topeak-ps-si-med.jpg

Top Bottom