Topeak survival gearbox - frame braket?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SonofSid

Was given this ages ago before got interested in riding. It seems that it would have come with a bracket/clamp to mount it on the frame but God/diety of your choice knows where that is now. Any ideas where I might get one? 10 min on google hasn't thrown anything up...
Cheers

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Get your LBS to contact these guys -> http://www.extrauk.co.uk/ they are the disributors, there are 2 parts the bracket and a velcro belt to hold it onto the clamp.

Or you could just put the tool kit in a saddle bag it would probably be easier.

Here is a picture of the bracket and velcro strap underneath the toolbox ->
1250088671115-13w529j6cvx8a-399-75.jpg

Tynan

Veteran
oof, what does it weigh?

what on earth is in there there that isnt on a multitool?

where would you be riding and for how far to justify carrying one of those

OP
OP
S

SonofSid

220 grams. As a newbie I was pretty impressed when I found it in the drawer I have to say. Take your point about a multitool though. Doing LEJOG, so the chain tool, puncture stuff, tyre levers, etc all in the same tiny box may well be handy. It's a miracle of packaging and all the bits just feel well made...

oof, what does it weigh?

what on earth is in there there that isnt on a multitool?

where would you be riding and for how far to justify carrying one of those

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
The tools are metal but the tyre levers are plastic and too short for my liking so I carry a seperate pair, the chain tool uses one of the allen keys to operate it so there is no need for a seperate handle thereby saving space/weight.

I prefer this to a multitool and the tools are actually usable unlike some toolkits I have used it when I service the bike.

I can fit this toolkit, 2 x innertubes, patches, cycle coil lock, 2 x large tyre levers, roll of PVC tape, latex gloves, tie wraps, wire cutters and spare gear/brake cable in one of these ->

Topeak-ps-si-med.jpg

Top Bottom