Torque Wrench

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glasgow44

Veteran
Hi there

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced torque wrench with a good nm range but with a smallish head that allows you to tighten the seat post clamp without actually touching and marking the seat post.

Thanks in advance

J

T4tomo

Guru
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/topeak-combo-torq-wrench

I have one of these, which for the price takes some beating for its range of both allen head size and torque range. you essentially gauge torque by eye from the pointer on the scale. accurate enough for bike maintenance

battered

Guru
zoro tools, senator 1/4 drive, 19.99. Buy a magnetic bit holder £1.60 to get free postage (>£20)

I don't think you really need one do you unless carbon is involved?

(and then I seem to recall that it's a good idea to invest in a special hammer as well)

battered

Guru
I don't think you really need one do you unless carbon is involved?

(and then I seem to recall that it's a good idea to invest in a special hammer as well)
You can *generally* get away without until you have carbon components. After that they become essential. Carbon gives no warning, you nip it up, all seems OK, right I'll just check that...crunch.

Dan77

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/topeak-combo-torq-wrench

I have one of these, which for the price takes some beating for its range of both allen head size and torque range. you essentially gauge torque by eye from the pointer on the scale. accurate enough for bike maintenance

I have basically the same one but in Canyon branding. They send them with a new bike for the build. Glad they did because I might not have given it enough thought otherwise.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Realistically, the twenty or thirty quid torque wrenches are not precision instruments, so knocking it out of whack a bit is neither here nor there.

Had I used the £300 Snap-on torque wrench we had at the garage for undoing anything I would have been in for a bollocking.

Top Bottom