Torque Wrench

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

battered

Guru
Noo - using a torque wrench as a breaker bar is a sure way to knack it.
It certainly is. A breaker bar is an essential tool, mine lives in the car boot with the right size socket for the wheelnuts. Mechanic has done the wheelnuts up too tight with a windy-gun? This can be a show stopper if you only have the bendy wrench that came with the car. 24" breaker? Done . It will unscrew the bolts or break them, either way that wheels coming off.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
It certainly is. A breaker bar is an essential tool, mine lives in the car boot with the right size socket for the wheelnuts. Mechanic has done the wheelnuts up too tight with a windy-gun? This can be a show stopper if you only have the bendy wrench that came with the car. 24" breaker? Done . It will unscrew the bolts or break them, either way that wheels coming off.
If in doubt there's always fire. It can't be seized if you turn it to liquid

Lookrider

https://www.probiketool.com/uk/workshop-tools/

Only had this one ...its adjustable and sturdy feeling
I asked pro tools before I purchased it
...if I had an independent test on its accuracy in a few years time ....i asked if it would be replaced if it was no longer true ...
They said they would certainly consider replacement ( time will tell )

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
You generally need two or three - a tiny one for 1-6Nm, a small one for 6-30Nm, and a medium one for up to 50Nm, which is about the most you'll need on a bike.

The massive 50-200Nm wrench can be reserved for car wheel nuts.

Top Bottom