Total Emergency

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Think thats what it was called.Anyway about Fire,Police and Ambulance services in Sheffield. Well a 15 year old lad.Came of one of those stunt bikes.Not wearing a helmet.What a mess he made of himself.Totally confused kept asking the same questions over and over.Then it got interesting he started to feel sick.Well then we put something else on .So i never saw the finish.But it does make you think.Helmet or no helmet.Which is best.

Noodley

postman said:
...he started to feel sick...Helmet or no helmet.Which is best.

Well, if he had a helmet it would catch the sick.
So that would be better than cupping his hands.

ChrisKH

Guru
No I know what Postman means. The show is cut into sections and I didn't catch the section when they had got him to hospital, i.e. how did his treatment pan out. Apparently he was just going along and fell off his bike. No other vehicles involved. Very nasty injury. Probably only would have been prevented if he had been wearing a full face helmet. :wacko: Even he kept saying "Did a car hit me?" It looked a bit too serious for an offing, unless you had tied his hands behind his back and pushed him head first.

sheva

I watched that. He spent two days in intensive care while they checked him out. no long term damage though.
Should have worn his helmet.

................or cycled sensibly and safely?

The question for me is whether we should be condoning an unsafe cycling manoeuvre, or saying it is OK to ride unsafely and rely on a helmet to lessen the obvious consequences.

The normal routine is to look at the causes and eliminate them - and only then look at the contribution of PPE.

Top Bottom