Total newbie.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Briggo

Hello boys n girls, decided to get myself back into shape (and dragging the missus along too) by doing a spot of cycling.

We'll generally be doing offroad cycling along paths etc to start off with, then progress to the harder trails, while using them to commute to work a bit (4 mile round trip).

Now we have gotten hold of £500 of Halfords vouchers (yes yes I know Halfords... but these are through a work scheme which made them super cheap), spotted the bike she wants which is the Carrera Vulcan which has gotten some pretty damn good reviews so happy with that and she tried it today after work, was good.

The problem is what I want.

Now theres 3 I've spotted on the website that tickle my fancy, the Diamondback M05 the Saracen Ruftrax 2 and the GT Legacy.

Didnt spot any of them in the store to try them out though, bit useless to be honest had hardly any on show except the new boardman range which was silly money, until we get more into it then look to upgrade to those type.

Whatcha reckon?

Cheers

bonj2

halfords can order in any bike. Not all of their sales assistants may know that they can, but they can. Persist, ask for the manager if necessary. Choose something either specialized, kona, giant or trek and tell halfords to get it in for you. You may need to put some of your own money towards it but it's worth it.

Welcome Briggo.
Budget £15 each for a proper tune-up @ your local bike shop after you've bought them from Hellfrauds. Theres nowt wrong with many of their bikes but the standard of their assembly often leaves a lot to be desired.

Top Bottom