totalinnertubes.com Stock Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossala

Guru
Bought an item (gatorskins and innertubes), said they posted, never turned up. Turned out it looks like they never even had my item in stock according to their ebay store. Didn't reply to any emails or phone calls regarding the matter. Had to use paypal to get my money back after 2 weeks.

I'm just so mad that they lied to me saying they posted it. It would be OK if they didn't try to steal my money and just said it wasn't in stock. I would of just bought it from somewhere else.

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
It seems like it was a mistake with their ordering system. Can a mod change the title to something like "totalinnertubes mess up" so they don't get shown up in searches looking bad?

I can assure you it was not a deliberate act. Forgive me if you've already had this
explanation but we've been dealing with quite a few confused people recently as a
result of an issue with our stock management system.

To summarise the issue was caused by a delivery of Wire tyres which was updated in
the system as Kevlar tyres. The back end feeds this to our website which updates the
stock level there.

This then generated a dispatch for orders but rather than having the codes for the
Kevlar tyres they were linked to the wire tyres hence a lot of orders were processed
and dispatches as such.

The guys have sent the last week backing out of some of these orders and finding
people that already had these sent out.

Please accept my sincere apologies that you were not contacted as one of these
customers, as I say we've had some difficulty tracking people down vs the genuine
wire tyre orders.

As a good will gesture I can offer you a set of our more expensive folding tyres of
your choice for the price of the Gatorskins. Alternatively we can send you some wire
Gatorskins free of charge.

I hope this is acceptable, once again sincere apologies.

HovR

Über Member
They're making you a pretty good offer to make up for their mess-up. Most places that I've had experience with only offer you a small voucher!

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
Yeah, they have been good once they responded. It did take ages for that to happen though. I think they could of acted better in the first place, but now they couldn't do any better.

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
Update to the situation. Both tyres they sent out where bad. One had a big sidewall bulge, the other one had a small one. Can't use any!

Top Bottom