totally loving riding the trans american

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Hi all from Wyoming USA. I've just ridden the togwotee pass at 9600ft its thesecond highest
Pass on the transam. This is the trip of my life and although it tests me it it totally amazingeach day is a new adventure.
My blog is in my Sig link if Amy wish to see pics etc.
If anyof you are thinking where to tour next it has to be this oneot has everything!

Happy trails y'all!

suffolkcindy

Thats great to hear are on or iff road or both?

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

It's all on rode..but the shoulders could count as offroad lol!
I'm in Saratoga Wyoming having a free hot spring bath!
For those wanted to do this trip just do it..it is amazing, challenging and the best cycling
Of my life :-))

StuWW

Great Blog, brings back memories from my Trans Am in 2010, I did it East to West.

I have to agree it's the trip of a lifetime.

Looking forward to following the rest of your journey, enjoy your amazing adventure, happy trails..

Stuart
www.midlifecyclist.me.uk

Jmenorton

About how much does something like this cost? if you were camping as much as possible, including flights? Could you get by on say $50 a day, or even less?

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Costs vary day by day state by state. $50 pday is doable if you are camping mostly. Motel rooms are around $50 a nigjt. Camping can be free one night to about 12$ on an rv.site.
Biggest cost willbe food and motels. There are sectiond where you have to rough it.
You should aim.to ride 50+miles a day min so you don't get caught out
In middle of nowhere. There are lots of riders goimg both ways..I'm unsupported.and solo and I don't feel alone.
Get the aca maps they are worth it.
Message me if want any advi e.
:smile:

I would like to think this would be my next 'big' project if I could get time from work and persuade she who must.....................

Top Bottom