'Totally Wyred' - a flattish imperial century from Whalley on Sunday 1st April.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I quite fancy this ride myself, the calendar is still clear for that day so perhaps now is the time to start working on Mrs Skol for a pass out. The big question is do I drive or cycle to Whalley?!
It would be a long day if you ride there and back as well! It would be an extra 55 mile round trip as the crow flies, so realistically you'd be talking about 160-170 miles depending on which way you went.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
It would be a long day if you ride there and back as well! It would be an extra 55 mile round trip as the crow flies, so realistically you'd be talking about 160-170 miles depending on which way you went.
Yes, but think of the kudos!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I edited the first post yesterday to include a link to information about the Spring Wood meeting place and the start time. I assume that didn't automatically 'bump' the thread then?

April is turning out to be a busy month with rides organised (so far) on 4 of the 5 weekends: My CC Wyre century, (free), SITD audax, CC Jodrell Bank, CC N.Lancs/Cumbria.

Alun

Guru
April is turning out to be a busy month with rides organised (so far) on 4 of the 5 weekends: My CC Wyre century, (free), SITD audax, CC Jodrell Bank, CC N.Lancs/Cumbria.

Colin, have you got a link to the CC N.Lancs/Cumbria, please? I seemed to have missed that one!

Ajay

Veteran
Colin, have you got a link to the CC N.Lancs/Cumbria, please? I seemed to have missed that one!
Hi Alun, it's the "Hawkshead Brewery" thread I'm organising - it'll be on Sat 28th April (I've asked admin to change date in the title), if you want more info let me know. Hope you can make it!

Ajay

Veteran
Put me down for this Colin.
If the weather's looking good I'll make an early start and ride to Whalley, otherwise I'll meet you on the road as before.
I'll head home from Scorton.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Updated rider list:
  • ColinJ
  • Steve H
  • potsy
  • Alun
  • Edge705 (from Whalley to cafe at Knott End)
  • wormo
  • skudupnorth
  • bromptonfb
  • totallyfixed + Helen
  • aJay (will meet us at Whalley in good weather, down the road if not, and with us as far as Scorton)
Possibles:
  • italiafirenze (not looking likely)
  • oldfatfool (if weather is okay)
  • Globalti (maybe?)
  • tubbycyclist (if weather okay, and may also ride to and from Whalley!)
  • Calum (if he can get a lift)
  • al-fresco (will decide nearer the time)
  • rusty bearing (if weather is okay)

wormo

Guru
Hi Colin, unless any unforseen circumstances will definitely be joining you. From memory Whalley not very large place, but where are we meeting?

Cheers Phil/wormo

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Hi Colin, unless any unforseen circumstances will definitely be joining you. From memory Whalley not very large place, but where are we meeting?

Cheers Phil/wormo
I've edited the first post to include that information Phil. (Spring Wood car park, across the lights at the top of Accrington Road.)

Out of interest, does anyone know what the general condition of roads are like? The last couple of rides have been like having square wheels:rolleyes:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Out of interest, does anyone know what the general condition of roads are like? The last couple of rides have been like having square wheels:rolleyes:
I'll let the locals answer the question for the final 91 miles, but the first 9.5 miles are the same as the 2 forum rides you mentioned and as you pointed out - some of those road surfaces were pretty awful!

Top Bottom