Tough, scenic 100 mile ride - Mytholmroyd, Malham, Forest of Bowland, Sun 26th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
I'd like to be put down as a possible please. I'll have to see how I feel after the track do on saturday but will aim to be along for the ride.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
longers said:
I'd like to be put down as a possible please. I'll have to see how I feel after the track do on saturday but will aim to be along for the ride.
Excellent!

It's a challenging century ride but you are very fit and we will definitely be riding at a very leisurely pace. :eek:

trio25

Über Member
As long as I have no work, have offered all my sundays up to work at the moment, I will be there!

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I'm tempted, but may have to work that weekend.

As long as you dont mind waiting whilst I push the bike up the steep bits, count me in as a provisional please.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Kestevan said:
I'm tempted, but may have to work that weekend.

As long as you dont mind waiting whilst I push the bike up the steep bits, count me in as a provisional please.
Don't worry - Alun and I will be riding up the steep stuff very slowly, probably not much quicker than walking pace so there wouldn't be much extra waiting! :biggrin:

I'll add you to the list.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Colin, as I am loath to tackle the beast that is Widdop too many times, I think it makes more sense for me to ride over from Cologne (which I've now christened the place!) out towards the Lothersdale area, possibly Land Ends but I'm having trouble with the map above. Which road are you taking exactly and approx what time will you be in that area?

RedBike

Oh no, when did the ride change date?

I can't make Monday. I have to work. - Drat.

trio25

Über Member
No that will be a little much! Especially after wed/thurs trip then track on sat - which I will ride to/from!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

PaulB said:
Colin, as I am loath to tackle the beast that is Widdop too many times, I think it makes more sense for me to ride over from Cologne (which I've now christened the place!) out towards the Lothersdale area, possibly Land Ends but I'm having trouble with the map above. Which road are you taking exactly and approx what time will you be in that area?
I understand what you are saying about the Thursden climb on the way to Widdop! I think that Alun will be cursing me when we come to that, and I'll be agreeing with him!

We will be coming down the steep hill from below the tower on Sutton Moor to Lane Ends itself, not the other road off the hill which comes out in Cowling. We turn right onto the A6068, and then almost immediately left onto a little road which takes us towards Glusburn Moor.

It's near enough 20 miles from Mytholmroyd and we will do the biggest climb of the day plus 5 or 6 smaller steeper ones to get to Lane Ends, so I reckon it will take us about 2 hours, meaning that we should get there about 10:00. If you get there early and are bored of waiting for us, you could always climb up to the tower! :wacko: (If you do that, don't go beyond the crossroads at the top.)

Just make sure you don't have any encounters will doddery old drivers this time! :angry:

RedBike said:
It's one of those days. I miss read the opening post.

The ride hasn't changed date. The route was changed last month. - Doh!!
I have those days too - when I read your first post I thought that I'd changed the date to Monday and forgotten about it!

So, at the moment it's ColinJ, Alun And RedBike from Mytholmroyd at 08:00 (hopefully also longers and trio25). That will be for the full hilly 100 miler. Any more takers for that one?

PaulB will be meeting us at Lane Ends on the A6068 at about 10:00 if anybody fancies starting from there and doing a shorter ride.

I must get my Basso back on the road for this one - I'd like to have its lower gears available to me.

Top Bottom