Tour de France 2012 (with SPOILERS)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I got 61. well, I actually got 62, but the software wouldn't accept Van Impe in any form. Didn't get 50, 56, 60 or 67.
I wouldn't have got Pingeon (1967) or Lucien Van Impe (1976) with a half hour time limit and a copy of All The Tour Winners Ever beside me.

I think they made them up.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
You would have done if you had read the Eddy Merckx biography that have have been reading...

Is that the Daniel Friebe one? I've got a copy of that to start as soon as I've finished the Reg Harris biography...

I got 50-something. Some I just couldn't remember, others I really didn't know - 50, 51, 56, 60. To my shame, I couldn't remember Oscar Pereiro or Carlos Sastre. I think that's me off the pub quiz team.

d.

PaulB

Legendary Member
It's the spelling that drives me mad. If you were on University challenge and the answer to a question was Eddy Merckx and you said 'Eddie Merx', you'd be correct but the spelling Nazis on Sporcle demand you get the not only the spelling right, but it has to be AMERICAN spelling! And Van Impe isn't accepted but Lucien Van Impe is!

VamP

Banned
I only got 30 - but it took me 1/2 the time to spell Merckx and I couldnt for the life of me remember how to spell Anqutil (sp - obviously).

Oh well done for admitting to such a low score! I got 39 but was going to keep schtum until I saw your post...

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I wouldn't have got anywhere near 60 if they'd asked for the specific years etc. It's a lot easier when it fills in the correct years for you when you just know a name. Essentially, if you can remember the names of a load of great post-war cyclists, you can pretty much blitz the thing until you get most of them.

bof

Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please
Joop Zoetemelk - couldnt get him spelt right for love or money and I speak and read Dutch.

Tried the country population quiz (basically list the top 8 by population for each continent) on the same site and if you got a country just below the top 8 (I'll give you Netherlands) it ended the quiz. Stupidly addictive and I wasted a lot of time getting it mainly right,except for Oceania - after the top 3 it's name the Pacific Islands you only see in country dropdown lists.

I eventually decided after failing on the bottom rank country in Africa more than once to get a life.

Top Bottom