Tour de France 2012 (with SPOILERS)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Yep. On Bastille day round here they play national anthems. The Marseillaise, wakes everyone up, Flower of Scotland, great stuff. Then it's God Save the Queen, aaarrggghh! What a downer.. I reckon we'll win a lot more medals at the Olympics if they change the anthem. And definitely the 'singer'.

Can you imagine this scene if they'd had to sing God Save The Queen instead?

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM-E2H1ChJM

fimm

Veteran
Is it possible to watch any of the highlights anywhere? I forgot to put ITV4 on till near the end of the highlights programme yesterday (my feeble excuse is that I'd been away for the weekend...)

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
IIRC, the TT riders have to be part of the team for the RR.

Am I successfully giving the illusion of knowing a lot about pro bike racing?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Can you imagine this scene if they'd had to sing God Save The Queen instead?

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM-E2H1ChJM

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who got the complete irony of it all. I mean, they said in the commentary that where they were was where they used to bring the Aristocracy to be Guillotined, and yet, we had Lesley Garrat there singing

'God Save The Queen'

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Is it possible to watch any of the highlights anywhere? I forgot to put ITV4 on till near the end of the highlights programme yesterday (my feeble excuse is that I'd been away for the weekend...)
Try ITV Player - if it's not worn out by now ! :laugh:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm sure I wasn't the only one who got the complete irony of it all. I mean, they said in the commentary that where they were was where they used to bring the Aristocracy to be Guillotined, and yet, we had Lesley Garrat there singing

'God Save The Queen'

Oh, I don't know - I thought it was the most spine-chilling execution of the national anthem I've ever heard.

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
Oh, I don't know - I thought it was the most spine-chilling execution of the national anthem I've ever heard.
I found Garret's rendition of our rather naff national anthem buttock clenchingly embarassing - Christ was that Ginger Spice's old dress? Poor old Brad did well to keep his dignity. Still, it didn't detract from the super individual and team performances.

Top Bottom