Tour de France 2012 (with SPOILERS)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I find the sheer number of ads -especially in the highlights programme - annoying, but I guess that's the price you pay for the coverage. Seemed to me there were a lot more cycling-related adverts this year, which is something I suppose.

That's why I liked to watch Eurosport. Yes, the adverts like the one for the Sidi Shoes was a bit dodgy, but at least they usually kept them to a minimum, and, we were treated to this wonderful little advert, which will no doubt be mimicked by kids young and old up and down the country now:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BwnuBVUBsQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I scared the bejesus out of mini kiwi cheering cav et all at the end! Lucky the missus was in work or she'd have had kittens! Now to watch the highlights :becool:

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

Up until it happened, I'd have said that I'd be there celebrating and cheering them on, but, when it happened, I just sat there and watched it without any emotion. Maybe it was because it was seen as being a sure thing, I don't know, but I just watched very matter of factly instead.

For the record however, I will be naming the last unnamed Goldfish we have Wiggo now, so it isn't all bad in the MDB household! :becool:

Hopefully Wiggo will go and live in a pond soon, although he is quite a nice fish just to sit and watch.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
AybB4CcCcAAo1j9.jpg:large
Yes that's that look!:eek: :laugh: ... a great pic by the way.:thumbsup:

perplexed

Guru
As Brad mounted the top step, and Lesley bloody Garrett turned up, I just though "oh no, please no, anything but that..."

The National Athem is a total embarrasment at the best of times, it's utterly excrutiating and cringe-worthy in it's backside kissing.

I could have tolerated it if they'd just played the tune, but jesus, the words... This isn't 1800 anymore for pity's sake.

Anybody in authority who thought that that was a good image to present to the world should be given a £50 Asda special with the forks on back to front, and made to ride up the Tourmalet 10 times, backwards, with half inflated knobbly tyres and bricks in their pockets. With no supper.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
My first child will be born in December. Trying to persuade my wife that BrumBradley would be a good name. She's not convinced.
:sad:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
As Brad mounted the top step, and Lesley bloody Garrett turned up, I just though "oh no, please no, anything but that..."

The National Athem is a total embarrasment at the best of times, it's utterly excrutiating and cringe-worthy in it's backside kissing.

I could have tolerated it if they'd just played the tune, but jesus, the words... This isn't 1800 anymore for pity's sake.

How anybody in authority thought that that was a good image to present to the world should be given a £50 Asda special with the forks on back to front, and made to ride up ther Tourmalet 10 times, backwards, with half inflated knobbly tyres and bricks in their pockets. With no supper.

Leslie Garretts performance, and dress were like something out of The Good Old Days(1970's old time music hall show.. for you younger ones). It was cringingly embarrassing, and as you say the music alone would have done the job. I remember whenever Armstrong won, they played the yank anthem but no bum kissing words, so nobody felt embarrassed.:shy:
The silly publicity seeking moo was crafty though! She'll forever be part of BW's history making achievement, meaning that in years to come when we look back at this years tour, and the presentation of the title, her stupid voice, and stupid facial expressions will be there for all to see..FOREVER!!!!:ohmy:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I thought that David Beckham might have jumped on the bandwagon, and been there yesterday. Maybe BW will eventually be summoned to "Beckingham palace" for an audience with the "Sporting Royal Family"!

I can picture his words..." You are amazing, totally amazing! In fact we were all amazed by your amazing win". ..and that'll be it!:laugh:

asterix

Comrade Member

How anybody in authority thought that that was a good image to present to the world should be given a £50 Asda special with the forks on back to front, and made to ride up ther Tourmalet 10 times, backwards, with half inflated knobbly tyres and bricks in their pockets. With no supper.

Yep. On Bastille day round here they play national anthems. The Marseillaise, wakes everyone up, Flower of Scotland, great stuff. Then it's God Save the Queen, aaarrggghh! What a downer.. I reckon we'll win a lot more medals at the Olympics if they change the anthem. And definitely the 'singer'.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
1946835 said:
I thought he was committed to the time trial. Is it still open to negotiation?
The TT is the following Wednesday. Most performers focus on the next performance, not the next but one.

Top Bottom