Tour de France 2012 (with SPOILERS)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Froome and Rolland are too old for white jersey.

EBH is in, as is Tejay van Whatisname, Steven Kruijswijk, Peter Sagan, Rein Taarame and potentially Thibaut Pinot and Antony Roux - there will be others but that's the ones I could be bothered with!

yello

he is focused on the Olympics Gold as his primary goal.

I'd agree ("he" being Cavendish). For me, the clue was in Brailsford statement earlier in the year about Wiggins and Cavendish needing to prioritise. I don't even think it was a quid quo pro for Cavendish (i.e. he agreed to focus on the Olympics so Sky could focus on supporting Wiggins), I think he genuinely wants the road gold in Britain more than he wants a green jersey this year. So, my guesses (I'll not call them picks because I know nothing!)

yellow - Evans (he's just too strong, gutsy and knows what he has to do and when)
green - Sagan is the obvious fave for obvious reasons
spots - a Spaniard or Columbian!
white - hopefully someone that doesn't shave because that would indicate testosterone ;)

Cavendish will take a stage or two but go home early. Didi will be there. Voekler will give it a go, repeatedly (knee permitting).

raindog

er.....
The net is closing!

Could this have been conditional on allowing RSNT to even line up in Liege?
Pretty likely I should think, and this seems like a veiled way of saying he was asked to leave........
"This is why I’ve decided - after consulting with the Team’s main sponsors and in agreement with the Senior Management of Leopard - not to attend the race.

Can I just check, is Wiggo English? Normally when this sort of thing goes on we get the Andy Murray effect i.e if he wins it's a great day for Britain, if he loses he suddenly becomes the Scotsman who came so close ^_^

As for the TDF? GO WIGGOOO!!! :hyper: :bicycle: :wahhey:

Top Bottom