Tour de France 2012 (with SPOILERS)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raindog

er.....
And he was born in Belgium (I think)

EDIT
oops - crossed posts with Noodley :smile:

Nihal

Veteran
I'm confused,how are all these people related and .......................................no,not to Tour de France:giggle:

lukesdad

I'd agree ("he" being Cavendish). For me, the clue was in Brailsford statement earlier in the year about Wiggins and Cavendish needing to prioritise. I don't even think it was a quid quo pro for Cavendish (i.e. he agreed to focus on the Olympics so Sky could focus on supporting Wiggins), I think he genuinely wants the road gold in Britain more than he wants a green jersey this year. So, my guesses (I'll not call them picks because I know nothing!)

yellow - Evans (he's just too strong, gutsy and knows what he has to do and when)
green - Sagan is the obvious fave for obvious reasons
spots - a Spaniard or Columbian!
white - hopefully someone that doesn't shave because that would indicate testosterone ;)

Cavendish will take a stage or two but go home early. Didi will be there. Voekler will give it a go, repeatedly (knee permitting).

I concur ^_^

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Spoilers already... damn it!

what does (with spoilers) mean?
It means you have a special type of fairing on your bicycle.
Now that biological passports have relegated doping to the annals of history, and UCI rules limit minimum bike weight, and Spartacus got caught with the electric assist, the latest form of cheating is to fit a spoiler to one's bike just like the F1 crowd. Halfords are bring out a range of clip-on spoilers for sportive riders. Fot audax riders they have a range of clip on tea mug holders.
Cheers
Stig

Now that biological passports have relegated doping to the annals of history, and UCI rules limit minimum bike weight, and Spartacus got caught with the electric assist, the latest form of cheating is to fit a spoiler to one's bike just like the F1 crowd. Halfords are bring out a range of clip-on spoilers for sportive riders. Fot audax riders they have a range of clip on tea mug holders.
Cheers
Stig

I realise this might be a little rich coming from me, but I fear you may be completely barking and in need of psychological help to have typed the above.

I ought to add that I type this having just consumed two cocktails made by my wife after a hard day cutting back lilac in the garden.

The cocktail is called a Maiden's Prayer and it seems pretty lethal. It is making me giggle when I see nothing funny.

All the keys on my keyboard are melding into one big nonsense.

My son beat me on a hillclimb on road bikes today. Beat me? He pummeled me. Started behind me and mashed me before the summit.

Nonetheless, you are mad to post as you did above.

I must retire through an inability to think straight. Get help. Thank you. Good night. :wacko:

david k

Hi
Cheers
Stig

typical, those with better spoilers will do better than others, i wouldnt be surprised if lance armstrong was using one in his 7 TdF wins, I hope they investigate this

david k

Hi
I realise this might be a little rich coming from me, but I fear you may be completely barking and in need of psychological help to have typed the above.

I ought to add that I type this having just consumed two cocktails made by my wife after a hard day cutting back lilac in the garden.

The cocktail is called a Maiden's Prayer and it seems pretty lethal. It is making me giggle when I see nothing funny.

All the keys on my keyboard are melding into one big nonsense.

My son beat me on a hillclimb on road bikes today. Beat me? He pummeled me. Started behind me and mashed me before the summit.

Nonetheless, you are mad to post as you did above.

I must retire through an inability to think straight. Get help. Thank you. Good night. :wacko:
i read the reply from stig earlier and it made no sense, several beers later and its coming very clear

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yeah why do we need a spoilers thread now ?
Because if we don't launch a pre-emptive strike now, then somebody else will start a thread without the SPOILERS warning and then we will end up having the age-old argument again once the race actually starts!

Hopefully, anybody wanting to discuss the race will now use this thread rather than starting new ones with spoiler titles like "Fantastic win by Wiggo in Tour TT!" :thumbsup: (We live in hope ...)

Top Bottom