Tour de France 2012 (with SPOILERS)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Edge705

Too early to call GC and its a shame GT is not riding this year he would have been in with a great chance of yellow given his prologue form this year so I'll settle for SAGAN in the prologue his swiss win was no fluke he is a man in form and the TDF tends to reward in form riders.

Mapster5

If wiggins does win what are the chances he'll get over looked for sports personality of the year?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I have real difficulty differentiating Luis Leon Sanchez and Samuel Sanchez. I know they look nothing like each other, and have quite different riding styles, but they do share a surname and both ride for teams with predominantly orange kit.

I like them both. I've gone for Sammy to win the polka dots again this year, but I have a feeling Luis Leon might finish above him in GC.

d.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
If wiggins does win what are the chances he'll get over looked for sports personality of the year?

Depends on what happens at the Olympics, doesn't it? If Chris Hoy gets another gold, that might knock any other cyclists out of contention. He seems to be quite popular with the British public, most of whom still haven't even heard of Brad Wiggins. Though you'd hope that would change if he does win - most people have at least heard of the TdF.

d.

Maybe he will... If, if , if....

Does it mean anything though?

Pro-cycling was already on a roll before Cavendish won it. Was there a discernible rate of increase in the then rate of increase in the popularity of cycling, so to speak?

Not really...

Zara Phillips won SPotY for riding a horse around her friends' country estates a few years ago (harsh but not a lightyear from the truth), but did three-day eventing suddenly become the next televised sport sensatioion?

Lovely if Wiggins won the TdF. I'd be happy, happy, happy. But I feel that cycling has had its 'go' at getting the SPotY thing.

It's an Olympic year, so maybe Ennis, Farah.... Button or Hamilton if either of them get the F1 crown.

As an (massively) outside bet Crutchlow, Smith or Redding if any of them really get onto their PTW game.

400bhp

Guru
I have real difficulty differentiating Luis Leon Sanchez and Samuel Sanchez. I know they look nothing like each other, and have quite different riding styles, but they do share a surname and both ride for teams with predominantly orange kit.

I like them both. I've gone for Sammy to win the polka dots again this year, but I have a feeling Luis Leon might finish above him in GC.

d.

Well, they're those bloody foreigner types. All look the same don't they.

:whistle:

Top Bottom