Tour de France 2013 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have just spotted and purchased the "Tour race guide, 100th edition magazine" in the local newsagents. "Collectors edition" it reads. Wiggo's yellow jersey better be inside for £8!!!

Wiggins vs Froome is the headline. Friends or foes?

400bhp

Guru
If Wiggins doesn't enter the Dauphine and rides second fiddle in the tour, then what does he have left to go for this season but the Vuelta? Even a podium finish behind Froome at the Tour is a a backward step from 2012. One way or the other he will need a win from 2013 in order to contend the top spot @ Team Sky. Wiggins doesn't strike me as the domestique type.

Porte is Froome's wingman this year. Not 100% who is Wiggin's wingman, but if it's Henao or Uran I really can't see either doing the TDF. Wiggins is gonna have to be shoehorned in.

Team Sky need a B team. Just sayin.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
There is also a problem it Porte and Uran and Henao already want to be top dog for the Vuelta. Uran is certain not to be because he's leaving, but both the other two have a case, even without Wiggins being involved.

400bhp

Guru
Have just spotted and purchased the "Tour race guide, 100th edition magazine" in the local newsagents. "Collectors edition" it reads. Wiggo's yellow jersey better be inside for £8!!!

Wiggins vs Froome is the headline. Friends or foes?

I think that's the thing I ordered online-wanting full race routes really.

It seems pretty good on first glance. Already cleared a few things up, like the reason Wiggins went back to standard round chainrings for example.

And?

Isn't that exactly what they were designed to make easier?
I think some believe they reduce fatigue and smooth the power output by the rider. Ideal for TT's. Some speculated that the reason was the new Dura ace 11 speed set up but this seems not to be the case.

Bottom line though is Wiggins has pinpointed the oval chainring as a hindrance when the ascent becomes steep. AKA the Giro.

Top Bottom