Tour de France 2013 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
So what are people's thoughts on Evans being ready for this. He said he was using the Giro for training but a Grand Tour for training to go for a GC position in LeTour?

It seems unlikely to me, especially at 36. My thoughts are he won't be recovered enough. However I know @lukesdad thinks he'll be there fighting for a podium spot, whereas I think Van Garderen will ascend to the team leader at some point in the race.

Agree with you. Van Garderen for the Tour.

jarlrmai

Veteran
SO DAMN PSYCHED FOR THIS....

The Giro has set it up nicely, the Sky drama, Cuddles/Van G etc etc, OPQS tactics!!

400bhp

Guru
Official profiles now available.
http://www.velochrono.fr/actu/2013/parcours-tour-de-france-2013/
I'll have time to ride out quite a way and choose a nice spot to watch the peloton on our second local stage, and still have loads of time to get back and watch it on telly. They do the Col des 13 Vents and the Croix de Mounis near Bedarieux - ridden up 'em both. Can't bloody wait for this. :smile:

Stage 10 @ 142km - "Cote De Dinan" cat 4 climb. Anyone know the precise location? We are staying in Dinan to watch 3 tour stages:hyper:

tour2013-profil-10.png

Hmmm, Contador doesn't seem to be in the same form this year but maybe he is just ascending until he peaks at the Tour.
Don't think he has the same team support that Sky will have either.
Evans is a surprise. Think he will manage a top 5. Possibly podium. Decent team with him.
I personally think Quintana is a fantastic rider but lacks experience and support. I'd say he will win some alpine stages.
Froome is the favourite and with good reason. He's the form rider and has a fantastic team behind him. He TT's better than most and climbs with the best. It's just a shame he's about as likeable as Justin Bieber.
As for Wiggins, no one could predict that one. He could win it, place on podium, retire half way through, murder Froome in his sleep or not bother riding the Tour and target the Vuelta! Who knows! Can't wait to find out though.

Official profiles now available.
http://www.velochrono.fr/actu/2013/parcours-tour-de-france-2013/
I'll have time to ride out quite a way and choose a nice spot to watch the peloton on our second local stage, and still have loads of time to get back and watch it on telly. They do the Col des 13 Vents and the Croix de Mounis near Bedarieux - ridden up 'em both. Can't bloody wait for this. :smile:
tour2013-profil-7.png

Can you pick us up a bottle of red when you get to around, say, 63 kilometres? Maybe you could stop halfway up the hill?

Nice one, Raindog. :tongue:

Hmmm, Contador doesn't seem to be in the same form this year but maybe he is just ascending until he peaks at the Tour.
Don't think he has the same team support that Sky will have either.
Evans is a surprise. Think he will manage a top 5. Possibly podium. Decent team with him.
I personally think Quintana is a fantastic rider but lacks experience and support. I'd say he will win some alpine stages.
Froome is the favourite and with good reason. He's the form rider and has a fantastic team behind him. He TT's better than most and climbs with the best. It's just a shame he's about as likeable as Justin Bieber.
As for Wiggins, no one could predict that one. He could win it, place on podium, retire half way through, murder Froome in his sleep or not bother riding the Tour and target the Vuelta! Who knows! Can't wait to find out though.

Good points, I just hope that what happened in Italy doesn't put a cat among the pigeons in regard to the Sky leadership...but I have a suspicion it might.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
So far, Sky have Froome, Porte, Suitsou and EBH confirmed for the Dauphinee, and Dombrowski for Suisse

Contador started the season very well and was great at Tirreno but you never know with him, he has the tactical awareness for sure but without the dope (?), who knows? He's a lovely rider to watch, effortless climbing etc.

I can't see Tejay doing it this year, despite the way he's ridden so far. Cadel or Tejay? I know where I'd place my bet but what might this create within the team? It almost reeks of home...

I think we'll see more of Nacer Bouhanni and I still think Sagan will take green. Purito Rodriguez will take a stage or two - I think the Ventoux stage (15). Cadel Evans will be top 10 and as for the rest, who knows...Valverde will, I think, under-perform because he'll be saving his EPO energy for the Vuelta. Voeckler will have his tongue massaged by a senior soigneur at the end of each of the mountain stages and Quintana Roo could be an outside for the Polkadot perhaps? As for Visconti...IF he rides, well who knows?

I'm going to hope for Froome though...and also that Thibaut Pinot can do something alongside Nacer for the French.

lukesdad

I hope Valverde doesn't focus on the Vuelta he was my annual Jan 1st bet, purely a financial descison of course !

Being realistic for a moment, I see it ending on the second stage with Tommy V having an unassailable lead of 12 mins. :biggrin:

If Wiggins doesn't enter the Dauphine and rides second fiddle in the tour, then what does he have left to go for this season but the Vuelta? Even a podium finish behind Froome at the Tour is a a backward step from 2012. One way or the other he will need a win from 2013 in order to contend the top spot @ Team Sky. Wiggins doesn't strike me as the domestique type.

Top Bottom