Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Nah, way too chaotic.

There is an existing system and structure, so surely it could just be added too (within reason I mean)??

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
There is an existing system and structure, so surely it could just be added too (within reason I mean)??
198 cyclists started this year's TDF. Can't find the numbers for La Course. Different races happening at different speeds in different parts of the race with everyone getting in everyone else's way. No thanks!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
198 cyclists started this year's TDF. Can't find the numbers for La Course. Different races happening at different speeds in different parts of the race with everyone getting in everyone else's way. No thanks!

Oh I don't know, with a bit of sensible planning it might work.

Anyway, it is all theoretical, innit?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Also, the road races at the Paralympics had both men and woman in the same race. I agree that the road around Brand's Hatch aren't quite the same, but still.....

winjim

Smash the cistern
Also, the road races at the Paralympics had both men and woman in the same race. I agree that the road around Brand's Hatch aren't quite the same, but still.....
Assuming that men are generally faster than women, it could be interesting to see the teamwork, with maybe some men's teams colluding to give some women's teams an advantage, but to their own detriment. It would all get a bit complex and confusing.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I've decided that I'd like to see the following changes for 2016:

- Get rid of the podium "girls". I'm sure they could find enough people from the sponsors or VIPs or even bloody children to carry the flowers etc if required.
- Introduce more women's cycling on the rest days. A day of moderate climbs and technical descents and some sprints. A challenge for QOM in the Alps. Finally, a proper race into Paris, concluding with the traditional sprint finish on the Champs-Elysée.
- I can't remember what the third one was, but I'll let them get on with those two for now.

Not sure about ridding the podium girls it is tradition, init
I think a day ahead or a day behind the men's would do nicely, wouldn't really want it watering down too much myself
For me contrary to tradition I would like the last day to be much more GC competitive, always a bit let down pity it didn't finish up another mountain today.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
:banghead:

I can't talk for the competitors, the teams or the organisers, but I am yet to read anyone's opinion that it wouldn't be contested if mere seconds separated the top two or three on the final day. Quintana could only make up a minute yesterday in his best terrain, the mountains. There's no way he would be able to make up the remaining 70ish seconds on the flat with a sprint finish.

I wasn't talking specifically about this year, just generally.

Also, to me the time shouldn't be neutralised, if you are in the lead and crash or similar, tough titties!! :laugh:

Top Bottom