Tour de France 2016 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Froome confirmed as riding in the RideLondon
The bugger, how did he wangle that? I hope he entered the ballot like the rest of us. ;)

Isn't it amazing just how little coverage is given to Chris Froome by certain 'newspapers'? When we had world champion/Olympic Gold Medal hockey players, javelin throwers and triple-jumpers, the papers found a new interest in these sports and sportspeople and they were rightly given ample coverage. Some papers having declared war on cycling and cyclists though only report on Chris Froome's success through gritted teeth. The Daily Vile/Heil seem to publish Froome's success as reluctantly as the Sun 'newspaper' feels it necessary to print anything about Liverpool Football Club. And then they open up (manipulate) the comments below the article to satisfy their ends. It's really laughable how little credit is given to a true British success story where certain scandal sheets are concerned.

Agreed - but 4 out of the ten newspapers (and one was the local rag) that I scanned the headlines of when I went to the garage this morning had a picture of Froome on the frontpage - to my mind it was the papers that counted - who cares what the sleazloids print or think

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I do have certain withdrawal symptoms today as the tour is over. A whole year to go. Will ITV4 be showing the Vuelta live, or just a highlights program?

Basil.B

Guru
I do have certain withdrawal symptoms today as the tour is over. A whole year to go. Will ITV4 be showing the Vuelta live, or just a highlights program?

Just the highlights, better than nothing.
Starts August 20th.

http://www.lavuelta.com/la-vuelta/2016/us/

Top Bottom