Tour de France 2016 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jarlrmai

Veteran
But minus several hundred for showing a Skoda following dangerously close to that woman pulling away from a temporary traffic light.

And someone beeping.

rualexander

Legendary Member
Any catch up coverage or highlights of La Course on anywhere?
Only about ten seconds shown on the ITV4 highlights programme just now.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Looking forward to seeing Hugh Carthy on the big stage. Expect some of the misfires from the Tour will be looking for a chance at salvation too. Could be a good one.
Carthy is in the Volta a Portugal starting on Wednesday...
...as are Pellizotti and Schumacher, as a matter of :thumbsdown:

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Tony Martin's abandon was precautionary due to knee pain, in order to protect his Olympic hopes according to L'Equipe.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Looking forward to seeing Hugh Carthy on the big stage. Expect some of the misfires from the Tour will be looking for a chance at salvation too. Could be a good one.

Contador's main objective now, apparently, via San Sebastien and Burgos (according to 'a spokesman')

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Any catch up coverage or highlights of La Course on anywhere?
Only about ten seconds shown on the ITV4 highlights programme just now.
I hadn't watched the daytime coverage on any other stage but I did manage to catch the coverage of La Course this afternoon before I went out to the shops.

Good job I did, given how pitiful tonight's 'highlights' of the women's race were! (Basically "Some women were riding bikes, lots fell off, there was a sprint at the end which this rider won ... and now back to the race"!)

PaulB

Legendary Member
Isn't it amazing just how little coverage is given to Chris Froome by certain 'newspapers'? When we had world champion/Olympic Gold Medal hockey players, javelin throwers and triple-jumpers, the papers found a new interest in these sports and sportspeople and they were rightly given ample coverage. Some papers having declared war on cycling and cyclists though only report on Chris Froome's success through gritted teeth. The Daily Vile/Heil seem to publish Froome's success as reluctantly as the Sun 'newspaper' feels it necessary to print anything about Liverpool Football Club. And then they open up (manipulate) the comments below the article to satisfy their ends. It's really laughable how little credit is given to a true British success story where certain scandal sheets are concerned.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Radio 5 devoted a significant chunk of their coverage of the last stage to an extended bellyaching section agonising over why the British public haven't taken to Froome. The question is - who cares? CF probably doesn't - he seems extremely happy and chilled out with his success; the great British public don't care much about cycle sport one way or the other. Which leaves the meeja, struggling to find something to blather about.

Top Bottom