Tour de France 2017 ***SPOILERS***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Absolutely. I used to do the exact same thing when I used to stack pretty hefty wagers on the Tour. But this was not a sprint finish. If EBH did revise the finish then credit to him, my gut tells me he was lucky. If he knew the roundabout trick then why the hell would he have attacked like a noob 1km before the roundabout ?
It wasn't a sprint finish with the man fast men involved, but t could have been and EBH would have been one of the main contenders in that scenario

MikeG

Guru
..........If he knew the roundabout trick then why the hell would he have attacked like a noob 1km before the roundabout ?.........

He's not to know that everyone else doesn't know the "roundabout trick". If everyone knows it, it isn't a trick.

MikeG

Guru
Does anyone know when the TdF was last continuous/ contiguous? In other words, when was the last Tour which didn't involve bus trips and plane flights, but simply guys on their bikes setting off from where they stopped the night before?

I reckon Froome will end up with a one to two minute winning margin on GC, it would only take a spill or mechanical in the TT to make things pretty tight though.

Maybe the 'French Resistance' have got something lined up for Froome.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
In his post race interview yesterday, Froome said that he wouldn't be taking any chances today, and will only aim to do enough to secure the yellow rather than try to win the stage.

Could be bluffing, of course.

Top Bottom