Tour de France 2020 NO SPOILERS !

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
And as many people have said: helmets prevent concussion, don't they??
No. They're impact protection. An anti-concussive helmet would look bigger and softer, like this early example: https://helmets.org/concussionhelmet.htm

Some suspect helmets have made riders continuing with concussion more likely because without helmets, skull lacerations or fractures would have been obvious to the doctors and got the rider stopped. Unintended consequences strike again?

Ian Boswell has done some good interviews on concussion but I think he's still expecting an improved helmet to help, which it might not, or it might have some other unintended consequence.

Bernal has pulled out!

matticus

Über Member
Bernal abandoning is a spoiler ? Well I never 🙄
Not that I'm bothered but was it me that originally posted it.
It IS a pretty significant race event, so technically yes!
But he was way out of the running, and unlikely to affect anyone else's race.

So as a senior officer in the Spoiler Police, I'm happy to let you off with a cuff-round-the-ear on this one; but watch it Sonny!

OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
It IS a pretty significant race event, so technically yes!
But he was way out of the running, and unlikely to affect anyone else's race.

So as a senior officer in the Spoiler Police, I'm happy to let you off with a cuff-round-the-ear on this one; but watch it Sonny!
Thanks dad won't happen again...:whistle:

Who was this?

I mean I can forgive mis-identifying riders, but not knowing the type of biscuits is unforgivably unprofessional.
I think it was Ned talking to Dave, they were passing a monestry and Ned was saying how the Monks paid their way by producing 350kg of biscuits every few months. It was Daves response when he didn't know the type 🤣

matticus

Über Member
Millar and Boulting are the kings of misapplied analogies/metaphors*
e.g. last week referring to domestiques peeling off and wilting on a climb; "... and then he'll pull the pin." What, like on a grenade??
Ned is probably worse, but I can't remember any recent examples. Please bring back the Suitcase of Courage - at least that made sense!!!

But otherwise, I like them. Rendell needs to stick to a typewriter; what a nauseating, affected speaking style he has. We don't CARE how good your pronunciation is! Bleagh.

*this is the wrong word, someone help me out?!

Top Bottom