Tour De France 2020 with SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
What do we reckon...can Yates possibly win this Tour ? I never really bought the only going for stage wins blag but he looks pretty good.
Hopefully we'll get a battle of some sorts coming up.Not heard much of Landa,Lopez,Porte so far ?
(Actually being sarcastic about Porte 😁)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
What do we reckon...can Yates possibly win this Tour ? I never really bought the only going for stage wins blag but he looks pretty good.
Hopefully we'll get a battle of some sorts coming up.Not heard much of Landa,Lopez,Porte so far ?
(Actually being sarcastic about Porte 😁)
I think Yates is hanging in by his fingernails and will be blown away as soon as it gets steep. Although I hope I'm wrong.
I guess the other GC hopefuls are too scared of Roglic to make a move this early.
We need someone to do a Contador ior Nibali or old style Valverde. Landa, Quintana are notoriously conservative.
Has Pogacar got the balls?

Adam4868

Guru
I think Yates is hanging in by his fingernails and will be blown away as soon as it gets steep. Although I hope I'm wrong.
I guess the other GC hopefuls are too scared of Roglic to make a move this early.
We need someone to do a Contador ior Nibali or old style Valverde. Landa, Quintana are notoriously conservative.
Has Pogacar got the balls?
Pogacar better have I'll never mention his name again if he doesn't finish with a podium place ! I still think stages like yesterday someone should have gone for it.Lutsenko was climbing/finishing the last climb faster than the peloton...Ineos were just damage limitation at the front.Bernal telling Kwiato to "take it easy" lol.I still think Bernal and hopefully Sivakov will come into their own later/week three.Bring on the mountains.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'd be more than happy if Roglic, Pogacar or Dumoulin won it. I've lost the affinity for Skineos I used to have when Wiggo, Cav and Thomas were in their pomp

Adam4868

Guru
To be fair I'm not really bothered who wins it.Theres nobody in the current race that I dislike.I was allways biased for Sky/Ineos when Froome raced though !

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Do you remember when Edvald Boassen-Hagen was a decent rider?
WTF was he hoping to do yesterday on a summit finish? He should be the sort of rider who could challenge Sagan for the points jersey but he's totally lost his way in the last few years.

Adam4868

Guru
WTF was he hoping to do yesterday on a summit finish? He should be the sort of rider who could challenge Sagan for the points jersey but he's totally lost his way in the last few years.
Saving himself for the tour of Norway ? Must of fancied himself yesterday though or he really isn't up to the sprints.

Errrrghh - hard to comment; he's always been 2nd division (but with promise) for me.
2x Tour of Britain wins
5th in Paris Roubaix (bugger all else in the monuments)
4x Grand Tour stage wins?

Might have won more if he hadn't joined the Sky machine, but never a GT jersey contender. IMO. Perhaps.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Unexpected (by me) interesting brutal start to the stage with Bora splitting the whole sprint teams to pieces.

Top Bottom