Tour De France 2020 with SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martinsnos

Does any team/rider (?!) have 28mm tyres this year?

Sagan’s ‘struggle’ for green has to be the best publicity they have ever had!

Adam4868

Guru
The ITV commentators were saying that they were ‘all in’ because if they let up they were inviting attacks.
They were all in for Sagan and ran out of riders for him,he finished fourth.I suppose Sagans hoping to chip away at the points and who knows about Bennet in week three.Some tough mountains before Paris.Sagans advantage is there's more to the green jersey than sprints.I think it's going to be close.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I just watched the last 10km from yesterday again.
Fabulous tactics from Sunweb and a cock up from Bora in the end.
Why did Kamna make a futile solo attack leaving Sagan to try to put out all the fires on his own. Kamna was strong enough to have chased Kragh Anderson at least.
Showing the tactical nous of the Sunweb DS.

Adam4868

Guru
I just watched the last 10km from yesterday again.
Fabulous tactics from Sunweb and a cock up from Bora in the end.
Why did Kamna make a futile solo attack leaving Sagan to try to put out all the fires on his own. Kamna was strong enough to have chased Kragh Anderson at least.
Showing the tactical nous of the Sunweb DS.
Class team,now we know why they didn't bring Matthews,Oomen,Kelderman ! There a really young side aswell I do hope they can keep hold of their riders although I'm sure some are allready being eyed up.

Martinsnos

considering this tour nearly didnt happen , its fast becoming one of the best for years in my opinion . it will look wierd with no crowd on the last climbs today, but glad they have done it , riders certainly dont need potential covid riddled nob eds screaming at them 10cm from their face.

Easy for me to say but honestly for years I have watched and thought ‘why don’t they try a long range effort as a team?’ and many other combinations of tactics and now new ways of approaching things are being tried and it is really refreshing and exciting.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The bloke from ISUN just said that the Tour has 3.5 bn views.
It explains why cycling still manages to attract sponsors for the moment

Adam4868

Guru
Easy for me to say but honestly for years I have watched and thought ‘why don’t they try a long range effort as a team?’ and many other combinations of tactics and now new ways of approaching things are being tried and it is really refreshing and exciting.
It hasn't been for lack of trying but in past years the likes of Sky/Ineos have controlled races.Meaning they only let you go if your not a threat.Not much different than Jumbo this year,except Van Aerts in a league of his own ! I used to like AG2R as a attacking team but seems like there going in different direction.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
I think it is hard, even should you manage to put all your riders into escape. How many of these managed to get to the finish line this year?

Adam4868

Guru
Higuata down,Jungles clipped his wheel and apparently down a second time near the roundabout ? Race director has pulled him out the race now.Fecking gutted for him.Guess they've got to be more than careful after Bardet.

Top Bottom