Tour De France 2020 with SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
pogacar just about beats roglic at the line,

SWSteve

Guru
Got to feel for Martin, did a great job to get back on up the climb, must’ve known he would get dropped when it kicked off, but couldn’t not fight for it

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Still think Roglic is overwhelming fav for yellow
He has Dumoulin, Kuss and WVA doing work form him
Arguably better TT than Pogacar as well
The only guy that could separate them is... Dumoulin?

All in all, after a few less interesting stages this year's edition is again proving to be the most interesting in recent memory.

beastie

Guru
A pretty mundane stage today really, apart from Bernal exploding. JV are too strong and Roglic has a great 60 sec effort. Imagine if Dumoulin had another few weeks of preparation or a couple more races. He looks better and better as the race goes on. I hope he monsters the TT

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
A pretty mundane stage today really, apart from Bernal exploding.

mundane.... really, we had the fight for green jersey points early on , bernal hemmoraging time, same from quintana , ritchie porte finally having a good day , tom dumoulin having a stormer and the fight for the win and bonus seconds between pogacar and roglic.

i didnt find it mundane...

beastie

Guru
mundane.... really, we had the fight for green jersey points early on , bernal hemmoraging time, same from quintana , ritchie porte finally having a good day , tom dumoulin having a stormer and the fight for the win and bonus seconds between pogacar and roglic.

It’s certainly an impressive show from JV and I didn’t catch the first half of the stage, but the only attack by a GC contender (Yates) was a one minute test of the JV train which TD dealt with easily. It was heading for a 350m sprint from the bottom of the climb. Bernal is obviously sick or his back is playing up.
Porte has looked as good as he ever has this late into a GT.
Pogacar has to try from further out surely on the Col de la Loze.?

Another vote for "mundane". An impressive and interesting display from JV but almost totally lacking in any attacks and there was no excitement or spectacle. The scenery of that climb was the best bit. Very impressive.

Adam4868

Guru
Managed to catch the last 15k whilst out...wow Bernal really wasn't bluffing,felt for him at the end.Hes young and he'll be back.Stage wins for Kwiato from now on.Jumbo raced that stage to perfection almost sky stylee 😁 Still nice for Pogacar to take the stage,he's the strongest out there,just hasn't the team behind him.For his sake and mine (I've money e/w on him at 16/1 to be on the podium) I hope he's doesn't blow up attacking.so to speak.Youngest rider to win two stages in 86 years !

Adam4868

Guru
Quick get Froomey and G on,tell them I'm sorry....
Screenshot_20200913-182249~2.png

Eziemnaik

Über Member
He's spent a lot of energy but Pogacar is the Slovenian TT champion,he's beat Roglic before.
Thats why arguably xd
Roglic smashed the field in Vuelta TT when he had to win it
Should it come to that I will expect the same result
Pogacar doesn't have the team behind him as you said and should anything happen on any climbs in the Alps he will be on his own

Top Bottom