Tour De France 2020 with SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Important to remember that Pogačar had at least 1:21 over the entire field, including seasoned TT riders, climbers, or both. Truly an astonishing performance. If it could go right, it did. Roglič was indeed losing time from the start, that bike change was bodged, the climb was poor by his standards, but it was more won by his compatriot than lost by him.

Superb, what a fantastic stage. Been watching for coming up forty years, and today's stage one of the greatest ever, and the race as a whole, for me, the best since the eighties.

Chapeau to all the riders, and special mention, as others have mentioned, for Richie Porte.

Jumbo Visma, must be sick, a great 3 weeks of coverage, and strength, for not much at all!
What with all the COVID stuff going on, overall it was a good win for Le Tour, and for Tadej, what a great prospect for he future.

Just imagine if Pog had a team like Jumbo to help him.
I'm not sure it would have been very different. Maybe Jumbo Visma wouldn't have had to ride at the front as much and UAE would have helped some but that doesn't help much in a last stage TT when your best placed rider has a bad day.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
As white jersey, did Pogacar have to wear a crappy skinsuit like Roglic did? Before the action started the ITV team talked at some length about the disadvantage to the leader of wearing a non-team suit, but after the finish it didn't seem worthy of mention.

Of course, if Pogacar was similarly afflicted there wasn't an issue, today anyway. I hope that's the case.
Yes, both in carp suits.

I didn't see Roglic "collapse". I think Pogacar won that. Hindsight's easy, but someone of his age, presumably still improving rapidly, riding a time-trial infinitely more significant than anything he'd attempted before - no-one was surprised, were they?
Yep, very. Fairytale win. He did win it but Rog did collapse too: hat askew, white-faced and rocking and rolling in a very unRogliĉ way.

Martinsnos

Yes, both in carp suits.

Yep, very. Fairytale win. He did win it but Rog did collapse too: hat askew, white-faced and rocking and rolling in a very unRogliĉ way.

Was about to put the same thing. Looked like he was completely out of sugars - awfully white looking.

Adam4868

Guru
I'm not having the Roglic lost the Tour...it was Pogacar that won it.Never gave up,no real tactics other than "go for it" Roglic and Jumbo rode the race to perfection.Team took stages etc.Dumoulin,Van Aert,Kuss were something else ! Pure determination won it for Pogacar.After three weeks of racing who could of seen that ride today
I'm not biased really 😁

Top Bottom