Tour De France 2020 with SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Is that less or more than usual Col?^_^
I know that I am a bit of a recluse at the best of times, but even for me it has been a very quiet year... :okay:

I'm still enjoying the TdF, but there is an air of unreality about it. The riders having to wear masks at all times... except for the 4-7 hours a day that they spend mask-free and breathing heavily in a peloton of 150+ riders! :wacko:

beastie

Guru
Gods what a monster of a climb......
https://inrng.com/2020/09/roads-to-ride-col-de-la-loze/
If Pog wants to attack the last 4 Kms is perfect

Last edited:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The others need to take time cos Roglic will match or beat them in the TT. If they've got the legs or the balls.
Conservatively they can race for the podium and let Pog and Rog fight it out

Forgot Porte was going back to Ineos till I watched the highlights tonight.
If - god forbid (really) - rog+pog knock each-other down a minor ravine today, I would LOOOOVE Porte to win this thing and race next year for Ineos with '1' on his back, supported by all the Ineos' wannabe GC contenders :biggrin:

Even without that, he could be their most "on-form" rider when they sit down to plan for next year. he-he!

Adam4868

Guru
The others need to take time cos Roglic will match or beat them in the TT. If they've got the legs or the balls.
Conservatively they can race for the podium and let Pog and Rog fight it out
Can't really see anyone other than Pogacar challenging Roglic today.Just looked at the final ramp and it's brutal.Be diffucult to take to much time.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Ned and Millar really annoy me when then don't pronounce the name of Guillaume Martin correctly. It sounds like Pierre Martin. His first name is Gui-LLaume, ( guee- yaume) two syllables, not difficult is it?
Ned and Millar really annoy me when they pronounce every second word 'exploded'.

Has anyone else been listening to the ITV cycling podcast they do each evening? It's pretty casual but good fun, and some nice insights
I tried early on ... a mixed bag.
(Good things:
- Peter Ken-Yuck being a lot more relaxed. He came across much better than on telly.
- Some nice comments on the mind-f**k of leaving a broadcasting trailer at the end of stage commentary and suddenly NOT being in the hot south of France. (but Kent instead). It was really quite poignant.

Bad: too much unfunny back-slapping banter, padding out endless minutes. (2 guys rabbiting on because they haven't planned the broadcast isn't funny). Just because a podcast can be unlimited length, doesn't mean it should be, guys :stop: )

I'm entirely happy to recommend the (ex-Telegraph) Cycling Podcast in preference. Although all the people involved seem to be mates across both programmes :smile: At least one a day, so no need to stoop to inferior product!

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
I tried early on ... a mixed bag.

I think that's a fair assessment. I'm able at the moment to watch quite a lot of each stage, and I like the ITV guys so I'm happy to listen to the joking around, but definitely for someone wanting 30 minutes of proper analysis it would be a disappointment. It's more of a casual, something-after kind of thing

And I genuinely, for some reason, thought that they were in France! I must have missed the one when they talked about that, haha

And thanks, I'll have a look at that other one

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I'm entirely happy to recommend the (ex-Telegraph) Cycling Podcast in preference. Although all the people involved seem to be mates across both programmes :smile: At least one a day, so no need to stoop to inferior product!
It has more race content but is longer with more intrusive ads, especially the "nice" wines which now don't even have the comedy of Daniel getting wound up by the bland comments (because he's away working for itv).

I'm the only one here listening to that. The itv one is more popular.

Top Bottom