Tour De France 2021 with spoilers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The placard waver needs to be charged with something , as im not up on french law i cant say what but definitely needs a good slap with a wet kipper

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
And she only wanted to be on the telly!
Not only is she on the telly, she'll be hounded on social media when her identity is known. I wouldn't like to be her just now
Speaking as someone who has in the past done stupid clumsy things that I later regretted, I feel some sympathy, especially after reading some of the pant-wetting overreaction on Twitter.

It's a sad but almost inevitable consequence of crowds at the roadside. Expecting everyone to be completely sensible all the time is a bit optimistic

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Speaking as someone who has in the past done stupid clumsy things that I later regretted, I feel some sympathy, especially after reading some of the pant-wetting overreaction on Twitter.

It's a sad but almost inevitable consequence of crowds at the roadside. Expecting everyone to be completely sensible all the time is a bit optimistic
Just watched the highlights. I think you’re being overly kind. It was a stupid thing to do and could have been easily avoided.
But I’m not calling for a lynching, just some accountability for their actions.

Just watched the highlights. I think you’re being overly kind. It was a stupid thing to do and could have been easily avoided.
But I’m not calling for a lynching, just some accountability for their actions.
Unfortunately for her, the accountability will not come from the law, but the lawless, namely the keyboard warriors that is Twitter

Buck

Guru
Reports that the placard fan is going to be sued by the ASO. Hopefully a deterrent to others rather than a David vs Goliath for a thoughtless and stupid attempt at a moment of fame.

For sure both crashes will shape the rest of the Tour both with rider injuries but also strategy/tactics.

Tom B

Guru
good on him i like Julian as he races with panache

We call it Lobbies in Wigan

Reports that the placard fan is going to be sued by the ASO. Hopefully a deterrent to others rather than a David vs Goliath for a thoughtless and stupid attempt at a moment of fame.

For sure both crashes will shape the rest of the Tour both with rider injuries but also strategy/tactics.

We said at the time the cost of broken bikes alone would be huge.

Regardless of whether or not they do sue, the need to make some noise about it to dissuade others.

What was she thinking.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Suing won't achieve much - she won't be worth enough.

I see one rider finished the stage minus a left seatstay (presumably broken in the second crash, which wasn't far from the finish). I imagine it was rather squirrelly on the climb to the line.

Tom B

Guru
Suing won't achieve much - she won't be worth enough.

It's not about her paying it's going to.be about sending a message.

Being sued like this will be hugely time consuming and stressful.

Almost to the point the less she has the more it'll be an issue for her.

It's about making others think twice, or just plain think.

Top Bottom