Tour de France 2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I was listening today to a podcast where the Rapha founder was talking about his cycling heroes growing up and I realised that I don't really have pro cycling heroes...I'm not entirely convinced about their cleanliness (and I'm not talking deodorant). And then it struck me...it's Cav. Everything about him - the untamed post-race interviews, the petulance, the passion, the massive grin, the love of his teams. I think he's it for me. *

*if you think his cleanliness is questionable, please don't ruin it for me.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
you think his cleanliness is questionable, please don't ruin it for me.
:stop::ohmy:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I'm super-excited. Poor Sam though.
I'm super-super excited. Looking forward more heart on sleeve post-race interviews.

I slightly dubious as to whether Sam Bennett (who I have been cheering on in past races) is as injured as he makes out. Maybe slightly undercooked and doesn't want to go and get beaten by some of his rivals.

Anyway great opportunity for Cav. Highly unlikely he will break Merkcx's record, but at least he gets a chance to compete with the best at the TdeF for 1 more year, and he is in super-super form.
Please don't crash early doors Cav!

Shame for Bennett, opportunity for Cavendish.
Whether Cav can win at this level again is open to speculation. His form is good, his desire is no doubt strong. But there are a plenty of other top sprinters out there wanting to win too. Should be good to watch!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Lefevre is a bit different but we don't rteally know why Sam was planning on leaving the team, do we?

Adam4868

Guru
Lefevre is a bit different but we don't rteally know why Sam was planning on leaving the team, do we?
We don't...money maybe.But his comments wouldn't/don't do a rider any favours.Was he not moaning about Cav a while ago ? If Bennets injured not a lot he can do,but can't be arsed with the "he lost his confidence"
Chuffed for Cav anyway ! 😁

Adam4868

Guru
Just to make the first few stages a little more dangerous/exciting ?
Stage 1 and Stage 2 => no 3 km rule, no 3'' protocol. One puncture/fall and you are out. Likely 3-4 GC riders will already have a gap for crashes/split. Expecting madness, specially on stage 1.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Just to make the first few stages a little more dangerous/exciting ?
Stage 1 and Stage 2 => no 3 km rule, no 3'' protocol. One puncture/fall and you are out. Likely 3-4 GC riders will already have a gap for crashes/split. Expecting madness, specially on stage 1.
Is that a crazy idea or are the race directors actually that malicious?

Top Bottom