Tour de France Live on ITV 4 ????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
Will this be in the main schedule or on the red button? Last year I was in Birmingham with Virgin cable and it worked nicely, but does ITV have a red button service on Freeview?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Will1985 said:
Will this be in the main schedule or on the red button? Last year I was in Birmingham with Virgin cable and it worked nicely, but does ITV have a red button service on Freeview?

No red button service on freeview. In any case with virgin in previous years they added the interactive stream specially for a month. On freeview C4 and ITV basically have half a mux each, there just isn't the space. Really there shouldn't even be a red button for the Beeb but they got a better deal when ITV digital failed and was calved up.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Uncle Mort said:
Not on ITV4, it's just SD. But the quality's a lot better than it used to be.

ITV4 is dreadful but then so is eurosport1/2. Eurosport was irritating before 1/2 went widescreen too. I like the ITV commenting team but the picture is so much better on Eurosport HD from very poor SD channels up to one of the better HD channels, the leap is so gigantic.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Its on 2:30-4:30pm every day of the tour, bar the opening prologue on saturday 3rd ~6pm I think. Luckily my work is flexible so I can just go home to watch it for 2 hours while I eat lunch and do some typing and then come back ;)

OP
OP
U

User269

No mention of Paul Sherwin. An omission, or has he retired to his Gold Mine?

Willo

rich p said:
Who commentates better than David Harmon?

As above and Beastie, I like David Harmon's commentary with SK, and the Eurosport highlights show suits me for when I get home from work. Will check out ITV4 though if they do a similar evening highlights show and will compare notes. My wife's heart sank when I informed her that to compensate for the reducing number of games in the World Cup, the Tour De France was starting:becool:

claver58

Über Member
Anyone know when the tdF preview is on the box giving us details of the teams?
Greipel's out so that makes it England 1 Germany 0
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Actually Isle of Man 1 but who cares!

naffets

eurosport hd no competition!
david harmon spotting of riders is usually spot on and also
love him or hate him kellys reading of a race!

OP
OP
U

User269

badkitty said:
Fantastic! :smile::hyper::smile:

Thank you ITV4! Being laid up in plaster never looked better! Lucky lucky me!
At this rate, I may blag an extra week.:smile:

Lets hope your injury needs resetting and plastering!

Don't forget, Friday night preview of Le Tour on ITV4 at 19.00hrs.

Top Bottom