Tour de France Live on ITV 4 ????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
It was soooooo good i did a load of ironing for the wife .

It only came alive about twenty past six .Then i turned it orf before the finish .

It will get better . Won't it ?

Genman

Chuffy said:
He and Liggett are the vuvuzela chorus of the Tour de France. :tongue:

We need a drinking game. Drink on any of the following:-
  • Reference to this sport of "professional bike racing"
  • Reads extract from the Tour guide (ref to chataux, rivers or local history)
  • Grovelling reference to Big Tex
  • Use of the words "great champion"
  • Starts a sentence by repeating the last words of companion's previous sentence
I'm sure there are many, many more. Any ideas?

"And let's not forget" as he refers to some obscure fact about an even more obscure rider that everyone has forgot.

Hont

Guru
Chuffy said:
I'm sure there are many, many more. Any ideas?

- "That looks like Big Jens Voigt up there" (incorrectly pronounced voyt and often when it is almost any other Saxo Bank rider).
- "Churning a huge gear" (less heard since the departure of Jan Ulrich, to be fair)
- "Spinning a tiny gear" (whenever Armstrong or Contador are on a climb)

We should, of course, be glad that we now have the choice of two stations utilising not terrible commentators. I recall the days when it was just David Duffield.

*Shudders*.

What's up with Chris Boardman this year though? He used to be the expert in amongst the smarmy twattery of Imlach and Boulting. Yesterday, not content with describing Eddy Merckx as the "Lance Armstrong of his day" (Eddy should be spitting frites with that one), he expected the commissars to penalise Cav for falling off and "causing" the first crash.

Hont said:
What's up with Chris Boardman this year though? He used to be the expert in amongst the smarmy twattery of Imlach and Boulting. Yesterday, not content with describing Eddy Merckx as the "Lance Armstrong of his day" (Eddy should be spitting frites with that one), he expected the commissars to penalise Cav for falling off and "causing" the first crash.
I must have missed that. A penalty seems harsh but you can't argue that Cav didn't cause the crash. He came in too fast, went straight instead of turning and took out the riders on his left.I fully expect his fans to argue the toss. He is, after all, One Of Ours.

I like Garry Imlach. With a dry sense of humour and hair like John Noakes how could you not?

Hont

Guru
No question that Cav caused the crash, but he got his handlebars caught up apparently. At any rate you get penalised for irregular sprinting or moving off line not screwing up a corner. Chris should know this really, he crashed enough times himself.

Hont

Guru
And in further praise of the knowledge of the Eurosport/ITV4 commentators I've just read this on the BBC website, by way of contrast...

"Merckx, nicknamed "the Cannibal", won just five Tours"

Yeah, just. Pathetic.

ramses

Hont said:
And in further praise of the knowledge of the Eurosport/ITV4 commentators I've just read this on the BBC website, by way of contrast...

"Merckx, nicknamed "the Cannibal", won just five Tours"

Yeah, just. Pathetic.

Yes I saw that, just terrible, imagine only winning "Just" 5 Tours. I mean, he really should have put more effort in!

Wish I could win just one stage!

Top Bottom