Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Caisse d'Epargne or Euskaltel-Euskadi

• Saunier Duval-Scott or Barloworld

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slipstream Chipotle or Team High Road

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monnet

Guru
A bit OT, but with people talking of disillusionment with the TdeF over the last few years thought I'd mention I watched a highlights video (remember them?) of the 89 tour. Incredible stuff. And if Delgado had turned up on time and not been a prat on the split stage it's highly likely he would have won.

As for this year - team is most likely to be Lotto or CSC I'd reckon.

DanRVV2006

IMO i think Cunego is a good bet for the Tour he has shown good form in the Amstel and Fleche Wallone, he is even skipping his home country race the Giro to ride the Tour he must know something. Also Devolder is a man to keep an eye on, and of course Evans will be there, there bouts.

DanRVV2006 said:
IMO i think Cunego is a good bet for the Tour he has shown good form in the Amstel and Fleche Wallone, he is even skipping his home country race the Giro to ride the Tour he must know something. Also Devolder is a man to keep an eye on, and of course Evans will be there, there bouts.

I agree with that. Cunego seems to be on excellant form this year.

I wonder how pi33ed Contador is with not being able to defend his title this year.

This is a little off topic but has anyone got one of those 'I Support Drug Free Sport' wristbands from Cycling Weekly? Ordered myself one the other day. Imo every rider amateur and pro rider whos against doping should wear one of those to show everyone in the non-cycling community that not every cyclist uses EPO etc. They seem to think we're high all the time ;)

Dave5N

Über Member
shogun12345 said:

I wonder how pi33ed Contador is with not being able to defend his title this year.

This is a little off topic but has anyone got one of those 'I Support Drug Free Sport' wristbands from Cycling Weekly? Ordered myself one the other day. Imo every rider amateur and pro rider whos against doping should wear one of those to show everyone in the non-cycling community that not every cyclist uses EPO etc. They seem to think we're high all the time ;)

Wrong way round. Every cyclist who takes drugs should wear a wrist band.

Would help stop WADA invading crematoria.

DanRVV2006

shogun12345 said:

This is a little off topic but has anyone got one of those 'I Support Drug Free Sport' wristbands from Cycling Weekly? Ordered myself one the other day. Imo every rider amateur and pro rider whos against doping should wear one of those to show everyone in the non-cycling community that not every cyclist uses EPO etc. They seem to think we're high all the time :rolleyes:

I did have one of them wristbands free with the magazine but it broke :rolleyes: I want another one but do tehy cost to get?

walker

How many brits will take a stage this year?

With Cavendish looking to make an impact this year and Miller out to prove something for his new sponsors, it will be interesting to see how many each will get, I think miller will be aiming for the polka dot this year though and Cavendish most likely to be in green rather than yellow at the end of the tour

rich p

ridiculous old lush
walker said:
How many brits will take a stage this year?

With Cavendish looking to make an impact this year and Miller out to prove something for his new sponsors, it will be interesting to see how many each will get, I think miller will be aiming for the polka dot this year though and Cavendish most likely to be in green rather than yellow at the end of the tour

If Millar gets KOM he'll have to be back on the juice! A stage win at the outside IMO.

ps Silence -Lotto or whoever Di Luca is riding for now - if he's in it!

rich p said:
If Millar gets KOM he'll have to be back on the juice! A stage win at the outside IMO.

ps Silence -Lotto or whoever Di Luca is riding for now - if he's in it!

Yeah if he is i'm sure he'll have a really good chance. Now he's been cleared he'll have something to prove to everyone

DanRVV2006

IMO Cavendish is a great rider and a huge career awaits him. But at his young age his arrogance and immaturity and general lack of expirence will probably make him fall short this year. But definatly a green jersey winner in the future :angry:.
And Millar is as lilkly to win a stage or the KOM as Contador has of taking part the best he can look for is a top 3 in a TT.

shogun12345 said:
This is a little off topic but has anyone got one of those 'I Support Drug Free Sport' wristbands from Cycling Weekly?
No, but I've just bought a '98 vintage Festina top from E-bay. :angry:

Miller for KOM? Seriously? He only had the jersey for a few stages by a fluke last year. IIRC he finished quite a few mountain stages in the caravan.

monnet

Guru
Millar will do nothing, again. He had/ has the talent and looks class on a bike but since he's come back he seems to be doing alot of talking, getting alot of publicity and not actually achieving anything, beyond a few futile breaks. He might get a top ten or five placing in a time trial or the prologue but beyond that I'm notholding my breath.

Nothing wrong with that, of course - Tom Simpson always said that as an amateur it's about winning and as a pro it's about how much cash you take home. I think Millar's doing very well for himself workingto that principle.

Top Bottom