Tour de france road.cc fantasy league

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I do agree with you actually. I didn't do the nrtoone one because its rules were too loose (you could pretty much chose whichever 9 riders you wanted), now I am coming to see the downside of this one (and its largely because I have benefitted from the rules). And of course as the race goes on you can simple maximise your points by chosing riders who cost fewer points but who are unexpectedly higher up in the overall - perhaps progress in the race (form) should change the points cost of riders? But that would produce other problems... perhaps you just shouldn't be able to transfer except when someone is forced to drop out.

Actually guys, surely this is the point of a fantasy game! The game cannot be perfect for everyone's liking. You and Crackle no doubt have far greater knowledge of the riders than I, but there should be a mechanism for people like myself to have a chance of being near the top of the GC (or at least the CC league!).

I think it would only take a few tweeks to make it better. Initially I liked the transfers but as the race has gone on it's become obvious who to transfer in, so then it's just a question of figuring out the order you rotate your team, something which I got a bit wrong in the last few stages but I've found myself picking riders who I don't know that well which kinda compensates for my lack of knowledge about them, I don't need any, I just need to examine their scoring patterns, which doesn't really make for fair representation of knowledge to league places.
:laugh:
That's nearly as good as FM's assertion that the other game was too easy because all you had to do was pick the nine best riders! :laugh:

Does any of this explain why I'm beating you both? :evil:

I rather like the Road.cc game. It does require more effort, working the transfers to your advantage, but there is a subtle distinction between playing the GC game and picking stage winners. Anyone canny enough to pick Little Tommy got a sackful of points yesterday but I got bugger all because I'm playing a safe GC strategy.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
That's nearly as good as FM's assertion that the other game was too easy because all you had to do was pick the nine best riders! :laugh:

Um, well that was true - there was no limit on the value of the riders you could pick, no requirement to have domestiques etc. I don't know what's so amusing...

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Actually guys, surely this is the point of a fantasy game! The game cannot be perfect for everyone's liking.

Well complaining about it and discussing the rules is also part of what makes it interesting! :smile:

Anyway, I've got a rider in the break today (Plaza), so I am happy!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Go on then Mystic Monkey. Your list of the nine best riders please. I'm sure it's so obvious that everyone who is still playing will have picked the same. :evil:

You know what I mean. This game has criteria - you have to pick only one GC contender, one KM etc. etc. and you have a points limit, so you can't just pick all the most highly rated riders.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I'm sure you are...

...while he stays there!!

We'll see - on the other hand, I transfered out Moreau yesterday which wasn't so clever!

You know what I mean. This game has criteria - you have to pick only one GC contender, one KM etc. etc. and you have a points limit, so you can't just pick all the most highly rated riders.
Do I sense a slight shifting of goalposts here FM? ;)
Come on, your list of the nine best riders please. You know that the top rated riders don't neccesarily score the most points.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Come on, your list of the nine best riders please. You know that the top rated riders don't neccesarily score the most points.

I'm not sure where you think you're going with this. You didn't ask me what I meant by 'best' - and what I meant was, as I have just clarified for you, 'top-rated'. Clearly I didn't mean the riders who would actually finish in the top positions as I am not psychic - so that would have been impossible. :rolleyes:

Does any of this explain why I'm beating you both? :evil:

You're in front because you're one of those people who's bread lands jam side up. Some of us have to work hard to achieve our lowly position. :evil:

I'm not sure where you think you're going with this. You didn't ask me what I meant by 'best' - and what I meant was, as I have just clarified for you, 'top-rated'. Clearly I didn't mean the riders who would actually finish in the top positions as I am not psychic - so that would have been impossible. :rolleyes:
Let's see now....
Not doing this one again, it's just silly. All you have do to win is just pick the 9 best riders and there's nothing to stop you doing this.
Your nobility in spurning an easy win does you proud. I prsume you were sandbagging last year? :tongue:

Top Bottom