tour De France

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dismount

Visited many a time for work, I don't want to reinvent the wheel so to speak. Below will help

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g187046-Activities-Harrogate_North_Yorkshire_England.html

http://www.harrogate.co.uk

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
We used to get 10,000 people turning up for our local bonfire. The town's population is only about 4,500 so you can imagine the crush.

Well, the organisers are expecting half a million or more people to turn up in Yorkshire for the TDF stages! It will be absolutely heaving. If you really want to be there, prepare yourself for a major logistical exercise!

I only live 300 yards from where the peloton will be passing through Hebden Bridge and I am thinking that I might need to grab a roadside spot 5 or 6 hours before the riders arrive!

BearPear

Veteran
Harrogate is lovely. When you say "things to do", what you'll be doing is bagging a spot on the road side because it will be heaving! If you're intending to stay over you might be disappointed as I've heard that all accommodation is fully booked in the town (contacts in high places so have the inside knowledge of how things are going in Harrogate!)

I would love to get a spot on the Stray to watch Cav come in (*sigh*) but I think I'll have to be there from 5am to do that!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@BearPear - everywhere's fully booked along the route! And most of it has been since it was announced.

I'm riding up to my parent's on the Friday (they live near Settle) up to Hawes to watch Stage 1 and then back home to watch Stage 2. This seems more sensible than driving up there in traffic queues to sit in more queues coming back.

BearPear

Veteran
They are advertising camping near me - we are about 1.5 miles from Haworth. Having been in France for Le Tour this year, I can't wait for it to be on my doorstep - those who haven't seen it in the flesh, so to speak, have no idea what's coming our way - woohoo!!

screenman

Legendary Member
Ha ha - the rooms and floors are already booked!
Hope you got a good price.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I have been eying up the shed, and wonder with a lick of paint and some new curtains, could get away with renting out as a 5 star theme hotel.
The theme being bikes and bits, with just enough room to squeeze in and kip the night.

Should get £500 a night I reckon.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Sheffield is a better bet, the area round Meadowhall is wide open and there's over 10'000 parking spaces at the shopping centre. The route doubles back on itself so you should get a good veiw somewhere along the route, plus there's elevated vantage points from the car parks.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Brother got a hotel easy enough somewhere near Skipton a few weeks ago.

While I don't doubt it will be busy, as with all events of this type, those in charge will talk it up relentlessly.

Top Bottom