Tour de Yorkshire **Spoiler Version**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Ooops, glad I wasn't driving the lead car in Thorner...:eek:

I still can't get even mildly excited about TdY :wacko: I have watched a lot of the past 2 stages and it was "ok" but that's about as far as I can go. I have also watched other incarnations but it's a bit meh; maybe I'm just a nobber :crazy:

OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
I still can't get even mildly excited about TdY :wacko: I have watched a lot of the past 2 stages and it was "ok" but that's about as far as I can go. I have also watched other incarnations but it's a bit meh; maybe I'm just a nobber :crazy:
I think it's a great route with a fantastic turnout which deserves 2HC status. If that happened, you would get more of the top teams entering with their 'A' squads. By the way, stage 4 looks really tough with 3400 metres of climbing with hardly any flat sections at all - I can see a lot of riders not finishing.

U

User169

Just watched the highlights of stage 2 on Eurosport. The Dutch commentators at one point started listing famous Yorkshireman. The list finished with Jeremy Clarkson and Jimmy Savile...

Venod

Eh up
and Jimmy Savile.

They forgot

Peter Sutcliffe, Arthur Sutcliffe, Anthony Arkwright, Stephen Griffiths, Bruce Lee, Donald Neilson.

http://www.lifedeathprizes.com/real-life-crime/notorious-serial-killers-from-yorkshire-60045

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I think it's a great route with a fantastic turnout which deserves 2HC status. If that happened, you would get more of the top teams entering with their 'A' squads. By the way, stage 4 looks really tough with 3400 metres of climbing with hardly any flat sections at all - I can see a lot of riders not finishing.

I'd fully agree about Stage 2 - so good in fact that I've ridden a couple of bits of it today and arranged to ride a big chunk of it in the coming weeks.
I thought that the turnout was generally excellent too, considering most of it took place during a 'normal' working day - if that stage had been run today (in this weather!) the crowds would have probably doubled, if not more.

As for Stage 4, the final sprint (Black Hill Road) is up a swine of a hill. It'll be interesting (and possibly soul destroying) to see how fast they are up there.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
As for Stage 4, the final sprint (Black Hill Road) is up a swine of a hill. It'll be interesting (and possibly soul destroying) to see how fast they are up there.
My cousin is tackling it on the sportive tomorrow. He wasn't aware that there was a tough climb up to the sprint point because it hasn't been classified as one. I plotted a profile of all the major climbs for him to prepare him for them. That climb would have caught him out for sure. I assume that the pros will be well aware of it though. The sprint points won't be taken by a typical sprinter, that's for sure!

Top Bottom