Tour de Yorkshire Sportive 01/05/16

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeW-71

Veteran
I'm seriously thinking about it and I've registered interest.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I don't think it will start in Scarborough, but will definitely end there. Hemsley or Kirbymoorside seems more likely for the start of the long route, picking up the second half of the pro stage.

OP
OP
Heisenberg71

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
Pasted from the email they sent me....

Sportive

In addition to the professional races, the Maserati Tour de Yorkshire Ride will give amateur cyclists the chance to ride many of the roads ridden by the pros in a newly designed sportive route, which will start and finish in Scarborough on Sunday 1 May. The sportive route will follow parts of Stage 3 of the men's race whilst also taking in several alternative roads to allow for all 6,000 participants to finish in their own time.

A highlight of the sportive will see amateur riders finishing with a 1km sea-front sprint finish and crossing the very same finish line as the professional riders with the same support from the waiting crowds. There will be three distances for riders to choose from; 40km, 85km and 115km. The sportive sold out in a matter of hours in 2015 and those hoping to secure a place in the 2016 ride can register their interest and be first to hear when this year's event opens at letouryorkshire.com/sportive

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Ah cool, that makes logistics easier. I hope I get a place, I was born and raised in the NYMoors so it will be running back through my back yard.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
http://cyclesense.co.uk/info/tadcaster-cyclesense-sportive-april.php
Tadcaster Cyclesense Sportif - Sunday 10th April.
Choice of 100km or 60km route
Entry fee £20 plus £1.50 admin.(£5 donated to Martin House Hospice)
Feed stations, timing chips and support all included if required.
image.jpg

OP
OP
Heisenberg71

Heisenberg71

I was born and brought up there, so know the roads well. In the words of Froome; " it's quite lumpy". For me that means there are some serious hills. Quarry Hill at Oliver's Mount is a right pain and comes right at the end. However it's all downhill from there to the finish.

Super excited, so really hope I get a place. Email today from them says entries open early Feb.
Keep checking those mailboxes.....:bicycle:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
It will be very lumpy, lots of dips down and back up, short and steep stuff, with odd long drag thrown in if they do hutton le hole up to blakey ridge

OP
OP
Heisenberg71

Heisenberg71

Priority entries open 09:00 Tuesday.
Route just released. 115km of fantastic roads and scenery. Really nice ride actually.

image.png

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Yes got the email - lots of Dalby forest drive and a nice run up the coast at the end. Not as climby as I thought it was going to be.

OP
OP
Heisenberg71

Heisenberg71

I don't know, still some meaty hills in there at Harwood Dales, Forest Drive, Troutsdale and Oliver's Mount. I think it looks like a great ride. I miss riding those roads so I am really looking forward to this one.