Tour de Yorkshire Sportive 01/05/16

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
We are actively involved with this event, by which I mean we are child sitting whilst my son and his wife ride it. I just cannot understand why anyone would ride an event where theree is going to be 6 inches of snow and the wind in the wrong direction all the time, must be mad, lucky buggers.

Have fun all you lot riding.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
My pack arrived today too. Loads of stickers. Didn't see anything re specific start times though- it it just get there early and be allocated a time in you particular distances wave?

OP
OP
Heisenberg71

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
Got my pack today.
I think I read that start times would be published on the website. However they're not nowhere to be seen yet. I am on the long route (RED). Start is listed as 06:30-07:46. An early start means leaving Wakefield before 05:00. I will be asleep by lunchtime ;)

I'll keep checking the website for start times this week.

Excited!

OP
OP
Heisenberg71

Heisenberg71

Just found this on the website:-

Individual start times will be communicated to riders on Wednesday 27th April and will be available on the Ride webpage

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am on the long route (RED). Start is listed as 06:30-07:46. An early start means leaving Wakefield before 05:00. I will be asleep by lunchtime ;)
Blimey - my cousin is driving us over from Todmorden. That will mean a VERY early start from here. @busdennis - how long did it take you to drive from Scarborough to Hebden Bridge when you came over for Spring Into The Dales? (I assume that the best route is the A64, A1M and the M62?)

busdennis

Veteran
Blimey - my cousin is driving us over from Todmorden. That will mean a VERY early start from here. @busdennis - how long did it take you to drive from Scarborough to Hebden Bridge when you came over for Spring Into The Dales? (I assume that the best route is the A64, A1M and the M62?)
morning Colin. its a 2 hour drive and I would think that's your best route. i'll be a spectator on the route and on the finish line. have a good un

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Don't envy you that drive, I was thinking it was an early enough start from my crash pad in Whitby.

Its worth noting they keep updating the event information pack on the human race website...

The inconsistent cut-off time have been corrected and more importantly the start times have all been compressed...last long route time is now 7.46am not 8.38am and everyone is away by 8.54, not 10.52 as previously published.

No bad thing I guess as they want everyone off the road ahead of the main event. Gives latest staring long riders 5 hours+ to make it to the 80km /50 mile cut off rather than 4hrs which is more in line with their 17kph min ave speed. Touch wood shouldn't be an issue unless it snows and is blowing a gale, which is always a possibility. ;)

Start times should be up today.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Heisenberg71

Heisenberg71

At that time in the morning the A64 will be quickest. Coming back you may wNt to do Driffield - Howden - M62 Westbound. Beats the traffic coming back over. I'll definitely be that way back. Just watching the weather now. Coming down some of those hills in the snow will be no fun.

ColinJ

I just downloaded the route and checked it on my digital OS map - it looks very interesting! Not too hilly, but with enough climbing to entertain us. Sea views, forests ...

I still haven't spotted the start times.

Buck

Guru
image.png

ColinJ

Buck

Guru
Ah right, sorry. Didn't realise they were pinning it down even more. Looks like specific times will be up later today (Wednesday)