Tour de Yorkshire Sportive 01/05/16

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Yes it will be quite lumpy, and there is very little flat anywhere round there, everything undulates. I had thought that it might follow the pro route more and take in Rosedale and then run down the Esk Valley to Whitby. Harwood dale road shout be quite quiet traffic wise which is a major plus and it all very scenic. Oliver's mount near the end is a decent leg stretcher.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
It wasnt entirely clear from the email how one accessed the priority entry, i assume either another email will be forthcoming or it will be linked to your email addy on the website?

Or have I missed something?

OP
OP
Heisenberg71

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
Also, it was possible to pre-register some weeks ago. They then sent the email last week tipping me off for entries opening on Tuesday. I hope that clarifies.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Also, it was possible to pre-register some weeks ago. They then sent the email last week tipping me off for entries opening on Tuesday. I hope that clarifies.
Yes that's what I did, was just saying the email saying priority entry opens on Tuesday wasn't that clear on the process on Tuesday

T4tomo

Legendary Member
entered. Not sure whether it represents great value for £60-odd, but should be a cracking atmosphere.

SonicRob

i looked at this , but the price put me off and I'm kind of settled with the idea of cycling up sutton bank and watching the pros race up that

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm in for the 'Long' route (119 km)!

I was a bit put off by the price too, but my Scottish cousin Nigel wanted to come down for it so I said I'd keep him company. That will be in the car only - he is younger and fitter than me so I doubt that I will see him again after he sets off until I get to the finish. At least - I HOPE NOT ... last year he broke his bike just after Bingley so having driven all the way from Scotland and having paid over £50 to enter and then driving us over to Leeds, he only got to ride about 20 miles of the 2015 medium route!

My friend and I are in this, training has not gone too good, we did enter the long route but I think we will be opting for the middle route... I'm hoping the hills don't kill us too much! .... I am actually feeling really really scared!!!

Does anyone know where the parking is at?

Buck

Guru
My friend and I are in this, training has not gone too good, we did enter the long route but I think we will be opting for the middle route... I'm hoping the hills don't kill us too much! .... I am actually feeling really really scared!!!

Does anyone know where the parking is at?

The Scarborough Open Air Theatre, the event venue, is located within Northstead Manor Gardens in the North Bay, Scarborough. It is accessed via any of the main routes into Scarborough, the A165, A170, A64, A171. Upon arrival follow ‘Tour de Yorkshire Ride’ car parking signs. It is a short cycle ride from the Car Park to the open air theatre

OP
OP
Heisenberg71

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
Car park is just up the hill from the open air theatre. There will be plenty of signs. Went over there today and rode some of the route. Harwood Dale and entrance and exit to the forest drive are the worst, but not impossible. They're all do-able at your chosen pace. Don't be scared, the route is great and you'll be blown away how beautiful it is.

Pray for weather now.

Reactions: Moe

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Pray for good weather you mean! I'm hoping the wind isn't still in the north by the time Sunday comes, otherwise the flat run up the coast from Filey could be worse than then hills!

Has anyone had their rider pack posted yet?

Annieshaf

Got my rider pack this morning. Just waiting for the start times now. Hoping its not going to be ridiculously early! Bit confused about the long sticker thats supposed to go on the seat post. I assume that it goes sideways along the length of the post but apparently its supposed to show the number from both sides and not sure how this will work.

Also praying for good weather with not too much wind.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Pray for good weather you mean! I'm hoping the wind isn't still in the north by the time Sunday comes, otherwise the flat run up the coast from Filey could be worse than then hills!

Has anyone had their rider pack posted yet?
I got mine a couple of hours ago.

Got my rider pack this morning. Just waiting for the start times now. Hoping its not going to be ridiculously early! Bit confused about the long sticker thats supposed to go on the seat post. I assume that it goes sideways along the length of the post but apparently its supposed to show the number from both sides and not sure how this will work.

Also praying for good weather with not too much wind.
Wrap it round the post and stick it to itself so it forms a kind of tail behind the post!

At least the cut-off speeds should be easy enough to achieve this time, unless the wind is particularly unfavourable. Last year was really tough with so many hard climbs,