Tour de Yorkshire Sportive 01/05/16

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Heisenberg71

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
If anyone spots where the exact times are please post here.
I had a look this morning, Wednesday and nothing new. However unclear where it actually will be posted.

3 deg.c positively balmey

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thanks for that.

My cousin is much fitter than me but his start time is an hour earlier than mine, and he is driving us there. If he starts on time then that means me hanging about in the cold (and wet?) for over an hour for my start time and then him hanging about for hours for the pro race to arrive. I'm going to suggest to him that he might consider starting late with me.

OP
OP
Heisenberg71

Heisenberg71

I'm 07:30 too, and by no means 'fast'. Doesn't make any sense really. I'd rather go early, but hey ho.
An extra hour in bed. Still need to leave here by 05:00 at the latest though.

Early night Saturday. Rock and Roll

Annieshaf

I think they must work on the basis of the fastest first and slower ones later to avoid too much overtaking. I didn't put a fast time down when I entered and if I remember right when I did the Great North Run those with a faster estimated time started in front of me. I will definitely appreciate the extra hour in bed even though we are not driving Sun morning.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My cousin has declared that there is no way that he is going to aim to get there in time for a start at 06:30! We are going to set off from here at 04:30, probably arrive at the car park about 07:00 and will start together at 07:30ish. I doubt that I will even attempt to keep up with him though because he is over 20 years younger than me and usually a lot fitter.

OP
OP
Heisenberg71

Heisenberg71

Having been brought up in Scarborough I have a top tip on parking.
I won't be using the event carpark. Just checked out the map below and it is a fair way (up hill) from the finish. It also located at the back of a fairly rough estate. I wouldn't fancy leaving my car there unattended all day or pedalling all the way back there when I finish.

Instead I will park for £6 for 24 hours Pay & Display on either the Marine Drive (near the yellow box on the map below, on the coastline) often called Royal Albert Drive I think. Or I will park at the Scarborough Indoor Pool (the red circle near "drop off location"). Both of these are less than a mile from the finish and in busy areas. However it's up to you, just a heads up.

image.png

Canrider

Guru
Agree with that Heisenberg, except that on race day there likely will not be any parking in either of those spots as it's part of the finish line for the main Tour! You might have a little chance at the pool, but Marine Drive will likely be closed to parking. I'd presume they'll have attendants on duty at the official parking spot to .against trouble.