Tour de Yorkshire Sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Heisenberg71

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
Ah, I know where that is. I've been up there last year.
Have you done climb at Homfirth vineyard?

Venod

Eh up
I popped into the café at the bottom of Pea Royd Lane a couple of weeks ago. I suspect not a good one to try immediately after a full cooked breakfast?

We tackled it after leaving Bank View Cafe at Langsett, it wasn't pleasant.

good luck to everybody riding.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Still snotty, but improving and hoping to be ready in time!

I just checked out the event info and discovered that the car parking area is at the top of a steep hill from the start/finish! I really hope that it isn't above Pea Royd Lane - it is bad enough having to do it from a cold start at the beginning of the day, but doing it again after 100 very hilly kms of riding and then standing about to watch the race finish ... :whistle: - aaaaaaaaaaargh! :thumbsdown:xx(

OP
OP
Heisenberg71

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
It bloody well is!
You finish at Fox Valley but the car park is at Green Moor, which you access from Pea Royd Lane.

I shall be pushing it up second time around.
image.png

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Oh, joy of joys! :eek:

Looking at the map, it might be worth riding to the end of the B6088 and doing the easier climb past Underbank Hall, then riding back along the top road?

Last edited:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
We did a recce ride last Sunday round a chunk of the course....suspect it will catch a few people out with how hard it is in the latter 20k.
5000+ riders going up Pea Royd on cold legs 100m from the start is going to be carnage.... not the best way to start IMHO.