Tour de Yorkshire Sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Can somebody give me a link to the results, just trying to find out how my son and dil did.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
4:12 for me on the medium route.
Includes 10 minutes changing a tube for someone, and 20 minutes waiting for the road to reopen at wortley after an incident with a rider... Sounded serious, so Hope whoever it was is OK...

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
There was an awful lot of people pushing bikes today. And I'd guess that at least 50% of the riders with red numbers near me, decided that the extra 25k and 3 climbs on the long route were a step too far.

Talking to riders throughout the event, the word "unrelenting" kept being used. Several people commented that there was simply no let up in the constant climbing/descending..... Welcome to Yorkshire, we don't do flat round here. :smile:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
There was an awful lot of people pushing bikes today. And I'd guess that at least 50% of the riders with red numbers near me at the split, decided that the extra 25k and 3 climbs on the long route were a step too far.

Talking to riders throughout the event, the word "unrelenting" kept being used. Several people commented that there was simply no let up in the constant climbing/descending..... Welcome to Yorkshire, we don't do flat round here. :smile:

OP
OP
Heisenberg71

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
I stuck with it and those last three climbs were killers!
The whole course was super tough. "Unrelenting" would cover it.

What was the Wortley crash? Saw an ambulance / first responder flying towards Wortley.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I stuck with it and those last three climbs were killers!
The whole course was super tough. "Unrelenting" would cover it.

What was the Wortley crash? Saw an ambulance / first responder flying towards Wortley.
Not sure, the right turn off the main road was closed whilst accident investigation team did their stuff. Apparently a rider and a car were involved, rider was hurt but no details.

They eventually turned us all round and detoured us through wortley top forge.

OP
OP
Heisenberg71

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
Not sure, the right turn off the main road was closed whilst accident investigation team did their stuff. Apparently a rider and a car were involved, rider was hurt but no details.

They eventually turned us all round and detoured us through wortley top forge.

Nasty. I hope they're OK.