Tour De Yorkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So, who saw the Tour De Yorkshire then? Live or on TV?? I went to York on Saturday to watch it live and had the pleasure of seeing the riders thrice!! Really enjoyed it :laugh:! The other days I was glued to the TV! Just a pity the full race wasn't televised, but, I guess the race is in it's infancy and needs time to grow!! Can't wait for it again next year!!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv9YTt-ZysM

Last edited:

Joffey

Big Dosser
Went days 1 & 2, was cold but loved it!!!

Reactions: Moe

jack smith

Veteran
Couldnt make it due to injury but a mate of mine came 4 or 5th on stage 2!!! Riding for jlt condor, he sprinted round the peloton and managed to get into a cracking position it was a very exciting moment! He had to tt it to the line as he gave it his all to get up to the front shame cause he could of won if he had the energy! What a great acheivement for a local rider against top tier pro's.

Slioch

Guru
On Friday I cycled up to Blakey Ridge to see them go past, then on Saturday I went into York to see them go past twice and was able to watch the live action on a big screen as well. On both days it was just great to see so many people out on their bikes to watch.

It seems to have been a great success and I hope it evolves into something bigger.

kiriyama

Stage 3 came right through our village. But I went to Slawit to watch them clime Scapegoat Hill. We got a good position on the hairpins (amazing how fast and easy they make it look) I was looking forward to watching the local area on the TV. But as we were at the start of the race they didn't film anything. Real shame. IMG_20150503_163744.jpg

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Stage 3 came right through our village. But I went to Slawit to watch them clime Scapegoat Hill. We got a good position on the hairpins (amazing how fast and easy they make it look) I was looking forward to watching the local area on the TV. But as we were at the start of the race they didn't film anything. Real shame. View attachment 87719

I was a bit further up the hill than you (see my report on "Today's Ride" thread). I rode up it and the encouragement of the crowds was great

G-Zero

Über Member
I didn't get down due to illness, but watched what I could on TV.

I was intrigued yesterday though when a white '14 plate Maserati kept appearing amongst the support vehicles. Was this something that had slipped through the closures, or is one of the teams using it ?

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Saw it all on itv4 and was amazed at the number of spectators everywhere. Great success but why only 3 days? Yorkshire is big enough to make it at least 4 days. Good for cycling though.

Many thanks for sharing your experience. It look like you had a great time, I'm so envious, I thourouly enjoyed Yorkshire hospitality last year.
In conciliation I've got the Tour of Britain in September passing not too far from my door step.

Top Bottom