Tour of Britain 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldroadman

Veteran

Much as I would like to send you a fiver......
^_^

gb901

Apologies if this has already been brought up, but my quick search didn't yield any results.

I'm looking forward to it this year, mostly because it's the first time I'll ever have gone to see a professional race. Disappointed that the North East was omitted, but I'm taking the train over to see the beginning of the Carlisle stage next Wednesday with my wife..

My question is more about spectating than anything else: are there any sort of 'rules'? As I understand it, they set off fairly close to the station, so can we just rock up and stand where we want? And do you have to pay for the privilege? I am guessing the answers are 'Yes' and 'No', but any advice would be much appreciated!
very exciting with some fantastic ccrashes - far better than F1 imo!

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
I'd agree that it was exciting, and better than F1, but not that crashes are 'fantastic'. Never good to see a cyclist hitting the deck.

I'll have to get my pictures sorted and uploaded!

gb901

The pot hole marked roads werent particularly a good advertisement for british roads though!

gb901

cyclings can now be a dangerous sport as evidenced by the sad death of the 23yo spanish rider only the other day!

oldroadman

Veteran
The pot hole marked roads werent particularly a good advertisement for british roads though!

Anyone who has raced in Belgium, Portugal, and certain east european countries does not worry too much about a few little holes in the road. Much more concerned to get the technical bits right on descents, because that's where a crash can really hurt. For instance, dropping in to Dartmouth in the last 2km of stage 7, speed 105km/hr (about 65 in old money). Best to stay nice an upright!

Top Bottom